Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

rundog

Old 11-20-2004, 05:38 PM

Default rundog

Who runs dogs and who "still" hunts?

i favor "still" hunting
Old 11-21-2004, 05:34 PM

Default RE: rundog

i do neither...im what ya call and avid tree hugger...i have stands placed all over our property i think theres 7 or 8 of em. im in a tree...never from the ground
Old 11-21-2004, 06:07 PM

you dont understand.... if you dont run dogs then you are "still " hunting. Even if you are in a tree on the ground or in a helicopter......

God damn blueeyedhuck what thread have you NOT replied to?
Old 11-21-2004, 06:51 PM

well, beings that in any state that i hunt in it is illegal to use dogs, or any other kind of animal other than a horse or mule, i reckon i "still" hunt
Old 11-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i dont do either i hunt from a stand 90% of the year. i have always heard of still hunting as walking through the woods slow and only moving super slow and trying to be real quiet and hope something gets up within range.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:16 AM

no dogs here, i ground hunt hidden in the bush with some camo burlap sack, take to a tree stand or walk my land spot and stalking. Shot critters with all three methods.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Still hunt all the time.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:35 AM

Hey youngin Best you figure out what still hunting is before you go running that mouth. Stand hunting is stationary. Still hunting moves a skilled hunter about 100 yards per hour. The object being to look like you ain't movin.
If you hunt dogs... well That may explain your definition malfunction. OOps just noticed you favor "still hunting" according to the thread start...so what is your excuse to be lumping traditional still hunting in with being anchored 30' up a tree. Ain't no way the two are the same.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:04 PM

ok buddy what ever you say..... where i come and camed from still hunting means that you dont move; you are still. not moving. and soorryy i didnt mean to be lumping traditional still hunting.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:46 AM

Whewwee, Just re-read my post to you. I was being an a$$. But seriously I realize different sayings vary from place to place. Most of the folks I know consider Still Hunting to be a movement type of hunt. Have you been successful this year? Didn't mean to sound so rude. Hope your season is bountiful.