Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

School is important

Old 11-05-2004, 08:58 PM

Default School is important

I know that some of you guys don't take school seriously. I am in 10th grade now. I have an OK gpa, but would like it to be way higher. In 9th grade, I did good, but not good enough. I have a 93 average which is an A. I wish I would have paid more attention to my work. I was mad at myself. I did improve, though. The last nine weeks of 9th grade I got a 100, 99, 99, and 95. The first 9 weeks of 10th grade I got a 100, 97, 95, and a 92 in an accelerated class. I am doing pretty good now. I am trying to get into a vet school where only 25 people in the state of Mississippi can get in a year. You must have an A average and get a 26 or higher on the ACT. I am working hard at it. I just want to tell you guys that school is important. Some of you guys don't take school seriously. I just want to let you know because one day you may look back and notice that you made a mistake. Your junior or senior year is too late to change it.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: School is important

I did just what I needed in highschool to get into the college I wanted. No more no less. I knew what I needed and I got it. I could have done much better but felt it was unecessary. I'm ready to work my tail off in college next year. I feel that college directly affects your work so I'm going to do my best.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea see heres the thing zak. i take school seriously and still do bad well i dont do bad i got a c+ average but to me thats horrible and i even got a tutor for envirmental biochem. but i try thats all ya can do
Old 11-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

School sucks i only go because i have 2. I do what i need to 2 get through i still maintain a C+ average school is supposed 2 be fun not worrying about grades and all that crap 24/7. I've gone through school this way every year so far and i'm a senior. I will change and study for college a lil bit though...
Old 11-08-2004, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like school and I think It should be taken seriously.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:32 PM

Schools fun. I have an A average. But thats only in 7th grade.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:48 PM

It doesn't matter what your average is, it's the fact that you try. There is this program I am trying to get into. It is a vet school. Less than 25 people out of the state get in that class. You have to have an average of 90 or above in high school and a 26 on the ACT. I don't want you guys to be in your senior year and realize that you had to have a 93 (that's an A down here) average to take the class you need. If that is the case, you just blew your shot.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

u know when ur a junior or senior you can still change it. but the fact that some people dont care is fine with me, i mean i care but school just comes hard to me. i just got my report card back A, B, C, C, C, D that is the worst reportcard iv ever had. so uh zak sorry im not one of those "smart kids" [8D]
Old 11-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't you guys get Grade Point Averages. I have no idea what my percent is but we get a GPA based on a 4.0 scale.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:25 PM

School shouldnt be taken TOO seriously, you have your whole life to work hard, but only a few years of youth (relatively) I dont really like school, and I dont really need grades that are all that great either because I'm going to be attending a local Tech School to become a mechanic. I have decent grades (all b's, except for chemistry, which is an f because I slacked off the first 9 weeks, but the grade is coming up now) The only classes I really care for are Autotech and Spanish... Half of my classes are junior/senior classes and I'm only a sophmore, so if I dont do so well I have time to make it up, although I would prefer not to. You need to have some fun now, like going to football games and partying, and of course hittin up the ladies dont be so uptight

Quick Reply: School is important

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.