Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

My girlfriends uncle thinks hunting is wrong

Old 10-05-2004, 06:54 PM

Default My girlfriends uncle thinks hunting is wrong

My girlfriends uncle thinks hunting is wrong. He wonts to no why we hunt wut is the hole perpis i tryed to tell him but he wonts some othere people's replies. S all hunters out there let him have is

an good hunting to ya all
your friend
9pointer
Old 10-05-2004, 10:16 PM

Default RE: My girlfriends uncle thinks hunting is wrong

First off, its fun. I mean, why do people play golf, or baseball, or anything like that? Its conservation that(regardless of what people think)has to be done. The time and energy that is invested in order to gain the skill to try and take an animal in its home teritory gives someone a self satisfaction in a primordeal instinctive way. Mostly it comes down that, we like it. No, we dont go out for the killing, but more for the pursuit. Nature is like are drug, we get a natural high off of being in the woods, or having a whitetail within bow range, or seeing a turkey strut amongst your decoys. Tell him that youll take him hunting once, and if hes not hooked, he has some serious issues that need to either be addressed psychologically, or with some high quality zanex.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:19 PM

1-my generation can chose between video games/soccer/drugs/cars....or pitting ourselves against creatures who are made from head to tail to NOT be caught off guard. Catchin' them critter's off guard is a heck of alot more fun than pressing abunch of buttons.
2-Anyone who has some common sense (I believe) would much rather die within a 5minute window as apposed to starvation. We provide this service to the animals we hunt. Population of some species (whitetails coyotes rabbits) would easily exceed their environments capacity and lead to such deaths.
3-The animals provide us the service of an economical foodsource.
4-There are a number of invaluable life-lessons to be learned by hunting aside those you grow up. Respect being one of a list far too long mention. And patience. And teamwork. And biology. And history. And manners. And being a good loser. And.......
Old 10-06-2004, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

3-The animals provide us the service of an economical foodsource.
Not even close, with respect to how much money we spend in equipment, gear, all other things that relate to hunting, we could buy beef for a lot less than what we spend to get (or not) one deer!! But I do agree with everything else Soilarch said.

I just enjoy getting out and watching wildlife. Last weekend, I watched a little deer buried to his butt into a berry bush. I also watched as a doe and fawn peacefully walked down to the watering hole to get some water, the whole time not knowing I was there. These are the priceless moments that I cherish, and are the reason I hunt
Old 10-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

there was a buffalo herd, and the population was staying the same for many years, the government opened a hunting limit on them, for a selective few. after that year thepopulation acctualy went up. the old males that were taken were starile, but they could still fend off he younger healthier males. TURE STORY!
Old 10-21-2004, 01:13 PM

well if we didnt hunt we would be run by deer from all over and the deer would just be spreading diseases and other sicknesses around to each other and the deer would be killed twice as fast i would right more but i dont have enough room lol
Old 10-21-2004, 09:56 PM

first off all back in my family tree..they hunted for food...i was raised on small game hunting like coonhunting,rabbithunting.....it provides food on the table.....i love to deer and turkey hunt...there is nothing like sitting in the woods watching rabbits playing,coons running up and down trees....turkey gobbling early at daylight.......it is just part of life......ask him what would he do if he was stranded out in the backwoods ....ask him if he will hunt for food or just starve........hunting is my life....
Old 10-21-2004, 10:29 PM

Not even close, with respect to how much money we spend in equipment, gear, all other things that relate to hunting, we could buy beef for a lot less than what we spend to get (or not) one deer!!
Yo charlie! I agree with you viewpoint, but realize that hunting can be however expensive you want to make it. After the initial investments, ammo and licenses are more than paid for...I'm a landowner so I don't have to buy tags, I don't even know what they cost here in Illinois but they might offset the value of meat.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:04 AM

For me it goes like this. Purpose: To take part in providing food for the table. This goes back to the very first cultures in the world. Women gathered and men hunted, I'm sure some flip flopping occured when the roles were reversed.
Why?: I hunt to get away from a world diluted by man's own creation. I'd rather see the world as God made it, out in nature. I've been able to get more contentment in a tree stand than from a news stand. I also love to watch my dogs work. It pleases me.

Other benefits: seeing the circle of life and establishing your place.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:32 PM

Why does it matter what your girlfriend's uncle thinks? If she is a good girlfriend it shouldn't matter. She should be understanding about it and accept the fact that you hunt. It's something you love to do, you have fun doing it, and it keeps you out of trouble. It shouldn't matter what her uncle thinks. If he bugs you about it, blow it off. I find it's a lot easier not to argue about it with people. Those who are against it are usually against it for the long run. You won't change their minds by saying it's fun, it provides food, etc. In their eyes it's murder and that's all it's ever going to be.

Just my thoughts.

Quick Reply: My girlfriends uncle thinks hunting is wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.