Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Southern Flag!!!! OUTRAGE

Old 05-20-2004, 07:44 PM

Default RE: Southern Flag!!!! OUTRAGE

We dont have many southern flags here up Nawth in Wisconsin, but i bought one on our school trip out east and hung it in my hotel window in Gettysburg, PA, and Washington DC...nobody minded..nor told me to take it down...even has I AINT COMING DOWN on it too lol...i dont think you can outlaw a country's flag on a t-shirt. tell black people you dont wanna see their big blings or gangsta clothing because you take offense to it.

slayer
Old 05-21-2004, 05:25 PM

my question is why are you waving a confederate flag in wisconsin? i have yet to see one up here which is a good thing.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:32 PM

Down here the African Americans wear the Confederate shirts and belt buckles!
Old 05-21-2004, 08:06 PM

Sadly enough the problem here lies in the fact that it is a restriction on one of our first amendment rights, the freedom of speech.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:14 PM

Freedom of speech is limited though, j3k. For instance, try going to an airport and joking about a hidden bomb in your luggage. In the U.S., you're not free to talk about that. [&:]
Old 05-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

JimBo , i dont think the freedom of seelf expresssion as in this issue is quiet as extensive as saying " i have a bomb im my suitcase" in an airport...i just think that we should be able to fly whatever flag we want , and if they r picky , then the africans better not wear any of the baggy close , that offends me!!! if they wanna play , we shall play!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:02 PM

The point that I am trying to make is that freedom of speech is fine, as long as it doesn't infringe on another citizen's right to live, free from threat. If your best friend makes a comment about a bomb in an airport, you could shrug it off and not think anything of it. On the other hand, if your job is to patrol the airport and defend it of any wrong doing, you would likely have a much different reaction.
My dad is from the south, so I understand the symbolism behind the rebel flag. What we need to remember is that the meaning for one person could have a totally different meaning to the next.
I'm not a fan of the baggy African clothing that you mentioned, but do you feel threatened by it? If so, why? Many people who feel threatened by the rebel flag could have very good reasons why they feel the way they do. Just put yourself in the other person's shoes. I try to live by the golden rule- treat others the way you would like to be treated. Not to over react. Not to be hyper-sensitive. Just think about how others might feel.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jimbo those are some real good points , but i still have to say , that their clothing offends me ... if they wear a malcam X shirt , i have the right to say hey , he didnt like whites or something to taht effect, but in other ways , just for being baggy i cant say anything ... also if they r wearing something that offends me by showing too much of themseves ( mainly black girls) then i also have the right to not be subjected to seeing that ... so it can go both ways as u said , and it is all on how u think of it , but believe me i will put some thought into this , so they better jsut wear plain shirts and pretty nice fitting clothes .
Old 05-23-2004, 12:06 AM

I live 46 miles from the first capitol of the confederacy (Montgomery, AL) and wearing cloths with the "rebel flag" on it isn't that much of a deal with black people. One of my good friends is black, a redneck, and a hunter. He wears them all the time because he understands why most people around here wear the flag, BECAUSE WE ARE PROUD TO BE SOUTHERNERS AND WE LOVE IT HERE. Alot of people up north and in big cities discriminate against the south and southerners (blacks and whites), just look at every movie with southerners and how we are portrayed. It shames me that people actually think southerners are like the people in Deliverance. Meanings of things can change over time. To some people the flag may mean that they are racist, but not to most southerners and not anymore.
Here is my favorite dixie outfitters shirt, i wear it all the time because i am proud to be a southern bowhunter.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:33 AM

I just don't see where anyone can tell you not to be flying Dixie. I live in Canada and wear the stars and bars no less than 4 times a week.I'll blatantly put it in anybody's face and to hell with them if they don't like it.....I make that VERY clear.To those that find it offensive, good....don't look at it if you don't like it!I've gotten really tired of blacks whining about not getting a fair shake in life and it's all whitey's fault....give it a f@*k!^& break already!!! Nobody alive today had any of their relatives as slaves.It's OK for them to be yapping about black supremecy but for a white boy to take a stand....thats racist, BS!!! Fly your colors loud and proud boys....you've got to take a stand somewhere in life!!! BTW before this topic came up,I've been planning to put up a flagpole in my front lawn, what will be flying from it? The biggest set of Stars and Bars I can find

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.