Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Southern Flag!!!! OUTRAGE

Old 05-18-2004, 07:27 PM

Default RE: Southern Flag!!!! OUTRAGE

DoubleLung:

im not racist
im not out to cause racial tension even tho i cant stand blacks
i belong in the woods , not in the citywhere all the porch monkeys like to reside...
Ever notice how prejudice people like to say, "I'm not a racist"? DoubleLung, I know that you're still a youngster and you're still cr@pping green, but watch what you say on these boards. Your ignorant and immature statements make us all look bad. Clean it up, kid.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jimbo ... I never said anything that should offend anyone , im my personal opinion there is a line even tho t is a fine one , seperating colored people , and the bad word some call them , and there are even some cocasions that are that word...although im not racist i will admit i dont alwasy give colored people the best first impression , and i will admit that , but by no means did i say anything that should make anyone get ticked.....

And if so , people should realize that there is MUCH MUCH worse to refer to this topic as , so it is toned down already.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should wear a shirt with an Iraqi flag to school. I bet you wouldn't get in trouble then.

Any public school that punishes kids for wearing a confederate flag shirt is um, retarded. I think people try way to hard to be politically correct sometimes.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Double Lung ,
once again you have my sympathies , but in this matter you don't have the last word , the school does . Perhaps you could get your parents to protest the matter with the school or BOE since the dress code doesn't specifically mention the confederate flag . Having had experience in that area from both perspectives I wish you luck .

Civil disobedience and publicity are your only other recourse , and you're very unlikely to get sympathy from the overly PC public or the liberal lefty media .
Old 05-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea friday to school we r having FLAG DAY where all of the kids that have gotten in trouble , and some others are all wearing confederate shirts, we have about 25 kids so far ... the next step is school board , a few parents are already mad , and gathering info up on how it is unconstitutional , and how there is nothing banning it in the school handbook...

The principals new excuse is that it is a double meaning , and that it is refering to the white supremacy issue , i dont see how that BATTLE flag is refering to white power do u?
just because slavery was in the south doesnt mean thats wut the flag stands for , i mean if thats the case you shouldnt be able to wear german flags since of the whole hoolocost deal, i jsut think people arent thinking this out , they see it as one way , and thats it !
Old 05-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

the white supremacy issue , i dont see how that BATTLE flag is refering to white power do u?
I understand how you feel about this, but you also have to look at it from another perspective. The principal is obviously interpreting the flag as a representation of how The South used to support slavery, and thats probably why he or she thinks its wrong....which is stupid[:'(]

Hopefully your parents could help you out with this issue or something.
Or maybe call the ACLU[8D] <----- J/K
Old 05-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Double Lung ,
if you're truly serious in your convictions then protest and do it loud . You'll need far more than 25 kids to have any hope of prevailing , and even then the BOE is likely to slap it down .

I attended high school just in time for them to desegregate our schools in 1976 , and the confederate flag issue never really came up . I frequently wore them on clothing to school and flew one on my wall at home . Things are a lot more PC now , people other than white have grown increasingly sensitized and vocal about what offends them , even when they don't practice what they preach .

To be honest , the only compromise that I see having a chance of working is for your whole school to go to wearing uniforms . Then you won't have anything more to fight about and the BOE will pass it without blinking .
Good luck either way .
Old 05-19-2004, 05:40 PM

i got a shirt with a big COORS LIGHT logo on it that i would like to wear but they don't let me.... i say stop whining about what your little school won't let you do, suck it up and wait; you can wear it everyday after you graduate..

Old 05-19-2004, 11:24 PM

So professor, you're saying just let the school make ridiculous rules, and we shoukd just go along with them?! Um, I DON'T THINK SO.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I hate to be a wet blanket Coonhound Gal but your parents , whose taxes pay for both the school and the teachers , have about the same chance of getting rules changed as you do . Virtually none without court intervention , and the courts usually side with the school unless it's on the scale of Brown vs. the BOE .

As ridiculous as some dress codes seem or are they exist for a reason . The reason usually cited is to promote order and avoid distraction . Whether or not the students , or even their parents , agree with them the school has every legal right to enact a dress code . It has nothing to do with "bending over and taking it" , that comes later when you meet the IRS .

The forces of conformity are powerful , and generally have the support of the BOE and the courts . Considering what symbol is at issue here , and the resistance to it , the phrase "snowballs in ... " well , you get the idea . I find it ridiculous too .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.