Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

DNR sucks!

Old 05-06-2004, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: DNR sucks!

The WI DNR has been under funded for years, then CWD killed off a lot of their income during the 2000-2001 seasons before people understood what it was, and what was happening. Yes, the price raises suck, but it's a nessisary evil if you want the DNR to be able to function.

I also dislike the "earn a buck" system, but I understand why it is nessisary. That doesn't mean I agree with it though.

Go ahead and complain about the prices - but I feel no sympathy. I pay out the wazzoo for out-of-state.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:01 PM

Earn A Buck In Our Zone Is Gay,
Since Last Deer Season It Seems Like Theres Way Less Deer Then Last Spring. I Used To See Them All Over Hunting Turkeys Only Seen 3. Going To Youth Group Used To See Lots, Never See But A Few. And Also With Earn A Buck People Are Gona Shoot First baldy They See. That Means Theres Gona Be Young Bucks Shot. That Will Be Big Bucks Years To Come.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like the EARN-A-BUCK program is doing exactly what it is supposed to in your area, lower the overall deer population, and more specificly improve the buck/doe ratio. Shooting a nubbin buck accidentally while trying to fill a doe tag is better than shooting a little fork horn on purpose.
I am also in EAB zone for the past two years and it has been great! I've seen more and bigger bucks than ever before as has most of the hunters in our area.There are still plenty of deer around and with each doe usually having twins, you will see even more by late summer. Next year should be even better as all of those little 6's and 8's will now be nice bucks.

I hate to see young hunters like yourself badmouthing the DNR. Without them you probably wouldn't have a chance to deerhunt because people would have shot them all. Be thankfull you get a chance to hunt. Be thankful that you can be part of the solution rather than part of the problem.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Handles

Sounds like the EARN-A-BUCK program is doing exactly what it is supposed to in your area, lower the overall deer population, and more specificly improve the buck/doe ratio. Shooting a nubbin buck accidentally while trying to fill a doe tag is better than shooting a little fork horn on purpose.
I am also in EAB zone for the past two years and it has been great! I've seen more and bigger bucks than ever before as has most of the hunters in our area.There are still plenty of deer around and with each doe usually having twins, you will see even more by late summer. Next year should be even better as all of those little 6's and 8's will now be nice bucks.

I hate to see young hunters like yourself badmouthing the DNR. Without them you probably wouldn't have a chance to deerhunt because people would have shot them all. Be thankfull you get a chance to hunt. Be thankful that you can be part of the solution rather than part of the problem.
i agree totally.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:02 PM

I don't like it that you wil be able to buy turkey tags over the counter because there will be a dramatic decrease in birds by the year after.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:54 PM

you apply for one.. and then any extras will be 4 sale after drawings
Some People Get 2 Tags Any Ways. So Its Still Gona Be Same Amount Of Birds Killed If Not A Lil More Then less Depends On The Hunters.
So Really It Dont Matter If They Sell The Extras If They Dont Us Hunters will sometimes get 2. so really i will be same amount of birds.[>:]
Old 05-26-2004, 10:17 PM

ic..last night i went to a dnr meeting for unit 73d for deer hunting cuz there is too much crop damage...they're thinkin about putting coupons on the tags...like the landowner gets up to $11 for each deer shot on their land by someone else