Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Talks with an anti........

Old 04-05-2004, 10:01 PM

Default Talks with an anti........

I have just been thinking latly (not like i am going to quit hunting) but if an anti approached you what would you say? also what would you say to a veg.? i am j.w all opions welcome
Old 04-05-2004, 11:10 PM

Default RE: Talks with an anti........

well, it all depends upon what they were to say to me on how i would say things to them.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:05 AM

first of all i wouldnt associate myself with people like that.. Earlier this year, my school had a thing in my school. It was Fund for Animals in my school putting ideas into the kids minds.... i didnt sit there and listen. as soon as the guy said i am with the Fund for Animals foundation, i said fuhgetaboudit and i walked out of the auditorium. the prinicipal asked me as i was leaving where i was going, i said i'm a hunter not a bullsh*t artist... and he told me just leave.... its bull i cant believe my school district would approve something like this
Old 04-06-2004, 10:16 AM

my response would depend on what the anti or vegan said to me 1st. If they took a calm approach then I would to but. But if they do things like they usally do I be my usaual self and give em piece of my mind and not calmly.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:35 PM

but what if some one came up and asked you why u hunted?
what it they said it was unethical?
or sumthing like hunting is murder?
Old 04-06-2004, 09:53 PM

if one came up to me and asked why i hunted I would say becuz of tradition. I was brought up hunting. And I have the right to. And those left wing tree hugging liberals always say meat is murder or hunting is murder. My answer to that is the Jesus said that we the humans have dominion over the fish in the sea and the fowl in the air. Therefore its not murder its a means of survival
Old 04-06-2004, 10:27 PM

My answer to that is the Jesus said that we the humans have dominion over the fish in the sea and the fowl in the air. Therefore its not murder its a means of survival
is that a bible verus?
do u no where it is from
Old 04-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, your going to, in my opinion ask where they got their views on hunting. That is a great start. You also might want to make sure the anti knows that hunting is not only about the kill. In my opinion the kill is just bonus. It is the hunt that can be a magical time for you.

Also, Squirrelhunter91 don't be so quick to degredade animal foundations. Some of the best animal foundations are based off of hunting: Ducks Unlimited, NWTF, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation etc. Before making snap judgments on these groups listen to what they have to say. More groups than you know are just out to teach youth about wildlife. Don't forget hunters are one of the biggest allies that wildlife organizations and conservation groups have. We want to pass on our outdoor traditions on to others.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:32 AM
Dominant Buck

On the few occasion that I've been approached I've used the Golden Rule and treated them as I expected to be treated . Only one ridiculed me for hunting , so I shot her ... j/k !

We still didn't see eye to eye , but I didn't have to shoot them either . They do tend to suffer badly from misconceptions about our sport .
Old 04-07-2004, 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: hunting_is_my_obsession

is that a bible verus?
do u no where it is from
Yes it is, the 1st book, Genesis

Quick Reply: Talks with an anti........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.