Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

The War on Terror.

Old 03-24-2004, 08:17 PM

Default The War on Terror.

Just wondering what all of the younger member's opinions are on the war in the Middle East? How many of you know why this all started? If you understand why it happened what are your feelings on it?

After I get a few replies I'll post my veiws, I just thought this might be an interesting topic to discuss. And please no: 'Bomb them,' 'Kills them all,' type posts please!
Old 03-24-2004, 08:42 PM

Default RE: The War on Terror.

here is what i think about it....i realy don't like the war.....but the united states wont's peace around the world...like over in baghdad and afgannystan......they hate us......we are trying to get peace...trying to clean up there act......in the process our soldiers get killed.......and that is not woth a nickle in my book.....i'm glad they caught saddam....one less mean person put down.....now we need to get osama bin laden........in the army a soldier has got to do is job .....protect ,serv for the u.s.a........i think we are doing the wright thing ....of trying to get peace......what started it all was terrosists...however you spell it.....flying into the towers...man was that a sad day....from then on it has been one soldier here and there dying in the line of duty for us free americans....in away i do not like the war.......then away the war is the only road to victory....god bless america.....
Old 03-24-2004, 08:55 PM

My opinion. Im all for people defending our country. I'm a proud american and wouldnt have it any other way. However, i dont feel that are country needs to be the worlds police force. It seems that we're doing exactly what the early explorers did before America was established...spreading christianity. I dont think we need to be going around preaching that we are right, and every one else is wrong. But, i do believe that when terrorists began to threaten us, especially on our own ground, they're fighting with the wrong people. People from foreign coutries are always wanting are help, asking us for things, and then saying screw you whenever we help them. No one likes us! As for all the foreigners in this country who call us filthy pigs and hate us so much, GO HOME!!!! You are entitled to your rights, and one of them is to leave Americans are by far the most stubborn and arrogent people in this world. YAY!! im proud of that. We have all the reason to be. We dont back down(hints are stubborness) and we always go on about how we are the best(which we are ) So, i believe the war should be finished and the soldiers should keep on keepin on. God bless america.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:07 PM

Ok, I have a little time now, I'll post my opinion.

I think what we're doing in the Middle East is a good thing. We're keeping 2 seperate groups from killing each other.

We were attacked on September 11th because we support a certain number of Islamic countries in the Middle East. Why do we support these countries? OPEC. Oil Producing and Exporting Countries. These are the countries that supply most of our Oil here in the U.S. Big deal right? We have our own reserves right here in Alaska, right? To an extent, yes. Crude Oil (the form in which our oil is purchased) is broken down animals. Dead Dinosaurs to be more precise. Over time these animals have been covered in about a half a mile of dirt. The bodies have decomposed and turned into crude oil. For some reason a bunch of these animals died right there in the Middle East.

This concentration of oil makes up about 60% of the world's total supply of oil. The countries in the Middle East created OPEC in order to manage the distribution of that oil. They're the ones who can raise and lower our gas prices.

A small fraction of the countries in the Middle East follow the Jewish religion. The rest follow Islam. These two groups of people have been fighting over a chunk of land (Palestine) for quite some time now. We support the Jewish people, meaning we also support the Jewish portion of OPEC. Now don't get me wrong, we don't dislike the Islamic followers, but not all of them like the Americans because we support the Jews.

It's because of this support of the Jewish community that we were attacked.

'You support the Jews? We don't like you. You need to support the Muslims.'

'We are Jewish. You support us. Yay for us!'

We aren't in the Middle East trying to spread Christianity. The Jewish and Islamic religions have been established for over 2000 years now. There is no way that we could convert all of the followers, or even make a nice sized dent in them.

We pull out in June. I'm afraid to see what's going to happen then. Not only is there the seperation between the Jews and the Muslims, but there is also a split in the Islamic religion. There are two seperate groups in the Islamic religion: the Sunnii Muslims and the Shiite Muslims. I don't remember which is which but both are trying to gain power in their Countries. One group beleives that only direct decendants of Ali (Muhhammads 2nd Cousin) should be allowed power. The second group beleives that anyone who is a true beleiver in Islam should be allowed to gain power. Both of these groups are at war, and have been since the split. They cannot come to an agreement on who should become the next Caliph (Prophet).

I think what we're doing over there is a good thing. We're maintaining the peace.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:17 PM

wash you have made some very realistic points, as everone else so far it does my heart good to see the younger generation discuss such issues with an adult outlook, and i have to agree with what all of you have said, but then we need to look at another side of this issue if american govt got smart and locked down our boarders alot of things like 9-11 would or could have been prevented, hopefully when you all are old enough to vote you will all let your govt know exactly how you feel. but in the same instance i think if more young folks got involved in our countries affairs it may make the people that have been elected and given our trust to run this great country with a little more enthusiasium seems today our politicians seem to care about one thing, and that is how much money they will make and how much money the steal from us,, look at the rebuilding in iraq right now we are rebuilding that country not with the help of other nations just us, yet if you go to a lumber yard to purchase building materials the prices have doubled an in some cases tripled is this a far an just practice for we the american public. i think not,well i could go on for another hour but i will let it drop here but i as well am interested in all of your opinions GREAT POST WASH I HAVE ALWAYS BELIEVED THAT YOU HAVE MADE YOUR MARK ON THIS SITE [8D]
Old 03-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Well, here's my stand on it. I don't like the fact that we are in war, but we are so I am not gonna moan and cry about it. The United States must have had reason to take out Saddam Hussein and I think personally that it went a lot deeper than just that we suspected Iraq to own WMDs. I know that we want the oil and I bet that if we could get a democracy started right in the center of all those muslim dictatorships, the whole group of them will start cleaning up. I fully support the decision to go to war with Afghanistan though. Those guys invaded OUR country, used OUR planes, and destroyed OUR buildings and the lives of many thousands of people. I personally like G.W a lot and I think he is doing a great job. People bock about the economy, but for Goodness Sake, we are in the middle of a war. Of course we will accumulate some debt. But I'll tell you what, if Clinton had stayed in office and kept downsizing our armed forces, we Would be in a huge amount of trouble. I am glad that the Iraqi people don't have to suffer anymore like they used to under the rule of Saddam. Well, this is my opinion. BB
Old 03-25-2004, 07:28 PM

i wish gore was president........man it realy bugs me that bin laden is still running loose.....i got a feeling that he has got something up his sleeve..............[:@]
Old 03-25-2004, 07:59 PM

What would Gore do that Bush hasn't done already? Aside from taking our 2nd Amendment rights?
Old 03-25-2004, 08:35 PM

i just believe gore would make better decisions.........don't get me wrong bush is doing a preety good job of running the country.......
Old 03-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

What would Gore do that Bush hasn't done already? Aside from taking our 2nd Amendment rights?
Well he invented the internet right?[8D] So I'm sure he could solve all our problems with some kind of magical new invention of his

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.