Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

The War on Terror.

Old 03-25-2004, 09:02 PM

Default RE: The War on Terror.

lmao...

But seriously, back to the topic at hand...
Old 03-26-2004, 06:25 PM

I personally am totally for this war. I believe that in order to establish any stability in the world we must do what we are on the course of doing. I know that Gore would not have done half as good of a job as Bush has done. Gore has no military experience, whereareas Bush was an airforce pilot. Gore would not have been able to respond strongly enough to the attacks of September 11. Gore is essentially a coward. Bush has stood with his morals throughout this whole ordeal, even with the media's constant slandering of his decisions. He has done remarkably well given the circumstances with which he entered office.

On a sad note, I feel that Kerry is going to win the upcoming election. I hope that it doesn't turn out that way, but our media has blinded the majority of Americans to the successes of the Bush administration, while praising the relatively few successes in Kerry's past. If Kerry does take office, our country is doomed. Our economy will plunge, we will have more terrorist attacks more frequently and he will not take a strong enough side to respond to them. I can only pray that Bush will win this upcoming fall, or it is a sad day in the
United States of America.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:32 PM

J3K, i believe your right about Kerry, which is a sad thought. I feel Bush has done a great job concerning the war in Iraq. Im a little tired of hearing that he only did it because of his fathers unfinished business, i feel he was protecting this country and his citizens. But, there is so much controversy in politics anymore thats its almost impossible to react possitively to everything that comes up.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:22 AM

i say support the president and the united states, we could be ALOT worse off, i cant stand people who say "our president sucks" Id like to see you in his position...and we would all die if you were
Old 03-27-2004, 09:31 PM

Nicely put Archer18!
Old 03-28-2004, 01:00 PM

i think its a bad reason cus sadam was gonna die soon anyways he was like 70 right and also bush was just trying to follow his fathers screw up by just gettin out of there before he was done!!
Old 03-28-2004, 01:51 PM

yah im sure he could have done know harm to the world in the 10 maybe more years hes going to live. [:'(]
Old 03-28-2004, 10:04 PM

10 or so years is equal to how many thousands of Kurdish and Iraqi civilians? I think every hour counted.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:06 AM
Typical Buck

First off, I don't really think I qualify any longer to be considered "young", but I'm glad to see young Americans speaking about our country's current affairs. I would like to say to all on this board, that you shouldn't always believe what the media is feeding you. I have friends who have returned from Iraq and more than one has said that the general everyday Iraqi citizen is elated that the Americans liberated them from a tyrant. The war didn't necessarily start only because of "WMD's", there was a ruthless dictator in power that needed to be stopped. He needed to be brought to justice for the crimes he's been commiting for the past 3 decades and it is far overdue for the Iraqi people to be liberated. I served in the Marine Corps for 6 years mostly under the Clinton administration and got out at the end of my contract due to some of his downsizing of the military and other personal reasons. I am proud that GWB was the president when 9/11 happened and hope that he gets re-elected. I think he's done a phenominal job when you look at what he's been faced with. I haven't always agreed with his methods, but I do support him because I believe he's acted with the wellfare of America and Americans at the forefront of his thought process. I would Proudly serve under GWB, I couldn't say that about his predecessor. As far as Afghanistan, we haven't been at war with the country, only the Taliban regieme. I too fully support this action. I once felt as many of you do and wish we would mind our own affairs, but that's what we tried to do during WWI and WWII and we got drug into the mix. Now we are THE world superpower and are envied by most of the world because of our freedom and might. This power is a huge responsibility and should be treated as such, but often there are chances that are offered to flex our "military muscle" that we do not take. As young adults, you are this country's future. Will you have enough humility, knowledge, and moral fiber to handle this responsibility or bully the weak? By discussing issues such as these, I feel that there are several of you that will make a positive impact in this country's future. I'll leave you with 2 more points; 1. always look at the big picture and weigh your pros and cons. Do what's right. 2. If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a veteran.