Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Wildest Hunting Story

Old 01-15-2004, 01:14 PM

Default Wildest Hunting Story

Whats your wildest huting story.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:10 PM

Default RE: Wildest Hunting Story

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................lemme think..................oh yeah! i know one. its not much but me my step bro and step dad went out at 9:00pm and we went hunting for hogs with an AR15, shotgun, and a glock. so no worries. but ne ways we got surrounded by cyotes and we heard hogs snorting at us from in the brush. but im only 14 so i have alllllllooooooooottttttttttt of years of experience left in me.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have had quite a few wild things happen but i'll just tone it down to a story that i mentioned about knocking out a squriel with a pellet gun. I dont remember how old i was bout my dad and I went camping at the place that has alot of those critters running around. I spotted one and manged to sneak up about 30 or so feet from it..aim, fired, twank! Though maybe it was dead because i could tell i hit in the head. As i was walking up to it, which was about 10 seconds from hitting it; the little bugger came to and ran off! I am guessing i didnt pump the gun with enough pressure or what. My dad had a good laugh about it [&:]
Old 01-17-2004, 11:42 AM

i was bow hunting this year and i was up in my tree stand it was about 8 earlyer there was 3 doe that came up about 50 yrds behinde me and later here came a 6 pt or so and he was coming down a trail to my right about when i started to pull back a hellicopter flew right over the small woods i was in and spooked the buck. I geuss thats what i get for hunting so close to a national guard base.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:22 PM

Ummm one time i went deer huntin and i killed one!!!
Old 01-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

well you see..... this one time... i was out squirrel huntin... no maybe it was deer hunting.... no maybe i wasnt hunting. but anyways i had my 30-06 and i saw this bear... it was a big bear... huge bear... he was about 30 yards away... no 15.... he was standing broadside.. no he was facing me looking me right in the eye. and i says to the bear... im gonna kill you... and he says... no you aint... and i says just you wait... so i put up the gun and boom.. boom... boom... then the bear says you got me and he fell over.... i walked up and says HA i told you i was gonna shoot you... and i got me a bear...
Old 01-17-2004, 06:55 PM

I'd have to say, one that I remember pretty well is, when I was stalking thru the woods and I seen a bear feeding on huckle berries and coming my direction. I slowly nocked an arrow and when he was about 20 yrds. from me I put an arrow thru him. He ran about 30yrds. and bundled up. I sat down and watched him, for about 15min., but he did not move. So I slowly walked up to the bear and stood directly over him, still watching for any movement, but there was none. I took my bow and poked it on his body, and out came a loud GROWL. The hair stood up on my neck, there was shock waves going thru me and fireworks going off in my head, I have never been so spooked in my life, as for them few seconds. Come to find out, it was just some air that was exhaling from the bear, when I was pressing down on his belly with my bow.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

well uhh .. one time i walked out in back of my house messin with my sling shot an there stood a nice lookin turkey i put it rite on its head an woo woo woo it fell over like a ton of bricks so i was like dazed an couldnt belive it so i walked out an touched it an it didnt move so i went to butcher it inside an the thing started comein to what a time i had
Old 01-18-2004, 03:02 PM

I wasn't hunting, i was fishing in alaska with my dad and two bro's. we were hiking to the russian river falls for sockeye salmon when we saw two grizzly bear cubs. we waited 10-15 minutes then continued, thinking that the momma was with them by then. we continue and make it 50 yds when we heard the momma coming at us through the bush. we all ran to the nearest pine and got up a safe distance before the bear got there. she wouldn't leave us alone for another 2 hours. longest 2 hours of my life! but the moral of the story is if you outwait a bear you will catch 24 salmon 25 minutes as that was our limit for the day.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I remembered another story that happened when i was bout 6. My dad, whole lot of his friends, and I went dove hunting somewhere up in northern calif. (dont rememer name of it). There was bout 8 of us in a group just talking and bsing waiting for the legal shooting time. When it was just light enough to see birds flying. This one dove with a deathwish flew over our group; all 8 of us (i had a BB gun but i tried anyway lol) shot at the single dove. That dove never know what it it and there wasnt much of it left when we find it lol.

Another story that i think happened the same day or the following day. We drove around a bit and found this one spot that was bout 150 yards or so from a ranch. One of our guys shot a dove and it landed on the property (there was just a wooden fence). The owner was doing work on something so my dad called him over and asked him if he could jump the fence to get the dove. I guess the guy was anti-hunting because he wouldnt let my dad go at first but i noticed my dad said something because the guy got a wierd look on his face and then he let my dad go and get it. Later on I asked my dad what did he say to that guy? The owner threatned to shoot my dad and he said the owner would shoot anyone who traspassed. My dad told him that he was an officer and so were the rest of the hunters in our group lol. My dad gave him a few birds later on and I went with him. I found out the owner had a horse injured by gunshot by someone several years ago so he was kinda anal about hunters.

Quick Reply: Wildest Hunting Story

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.