Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

worried mom

Old 11-24-2003, 04:33 PM

Default worried mom

i don' t think anyone has a mom that worries more than mine. opening day of deer season here in pa starts dec. 1 and i can' t wait but my mom keeps getting on my case because i' m going to go to my camp by myself on sunday and stay till probably tuesday. she keeps saying to what if i get shot theres no one around and no phones. i just told her thanks for thinking positive. so if anyone in pa is looking for a place to hunt opening day or the rest of the season is welcome to join me because it will sure help shut my mom up.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: worried mom

HA, yeah, well my mom used to be the same way...not so much anymore...but I' d be happy to go with you, I didnt get to go deer hunting this year, I lost my place to hunt, so I would love to go....except I think your a little far away, and I dont think having an older guy--especially one you don' t know--go with you would do anything to make your mom feel better...infact just the oposite I would imagine....
Old 11-24-2003, 05:26 PM

My mom and dad are still like that. THey worry, but they know they cant tell me that i cant go, i mean i guess they could, but they wouldnt. They wouldnt stop from me doing what i love, as long as im safe. Most of the time someone goes with me anyways, but when they dont, they worry from the time i leave till the time i walk in the door.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:19 PM

my parents dont really care, as long as i am careful.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

They have a legitimate concern, so don' t scoff at what they say. Try to find a responsible hunting partner.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

PAhunter, my parents woudl be the same way , unfortunatley , i still ahve my permit to drive , or id be up at my camp bear hunting right now . As for the hunting invite , ill be up at my camp for the first days , but i dont know how ur rents would feel having a few teens up there , we all know wut goes on at deer camp!
Old 11-25-2003, 06:36 PM

I turn 16 tomorrow, so this will be my first year to hutn alone, but my mom and step-dad are not too worried because the woods is right behind my house, and we have walkie-talkies, so they' re ok with it.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:52 AM

Yea, my mom gets on my case but you just cant worry about it, just tell her your blaze and safety are on. But my dad hunts with me some of the time, so he keeps her off my back.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:25 PM

ah, my mom ussually gives me the be careful speech but by that time im running out to my car or friends car or truck to go hunting. she knows that were careful about it and all that. also i know she wouldnt stop me from what i love to do.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:05 PM

I know my mom wouldn' t stop me from hunting cause it' s like my favorite thing in the world to do but it' s just the pain of hearing her tell me over and over again how she hates it when i hunt by myself. I know she just wants me to be safe and that' s what i tell her but she just has to keep going on and on about it. In the last 2 weeks weve just about argued over it everyday. I just can' t wait to be out in the woods on monday not thinkin about it.

Quick Reply: worried mom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.