Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

best kill shot

Old 07-31-2004, 05:18 PM

Default RE: best kill shot

I doubt that any of us here can put 3 rounds on a quarter at 300 yards, so we all should be shooting behind the front shoulder, bowhunters and gun-hunters alike.
What about a 50 cent peice?

All jokes aside, a broadside behind the shoulder shot is an excellent shot in my book. The only time I ever shot a deer in the head was when I accidentally gut shot a doe when I was 10 on my very first hunt. I wanted to put her out quick after that so I took our .44 and put one in her head. I felt awful, but ever since then I've practiced good shot placement and haven't missed the lungs/heart yet.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:05 PM

Default RE: best kill shot

For a Deer ALWAYS lung/heart shot, Yes if u do hit them in the head they are out id ratehr be out fast but id also rather not have u shoot at me and blow my jaw or nose off first, just go for the heart or lungs it makes u a better hunter overall in many ppls eyes, squirrels always the head yotes it depends on the range and gun im using if ive got my .22 and hes 60 yards away ehadshot any farther and u dont use a .22 and u go for the lungs and heart, cats well i dun have any around ehre well i feel ive shared my "piece o' pie" Ovr *N* Out