Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

best kill shot

Old 10-26-2003, 01:34 PM

Default RE: best kill shot

Good post bigbulls. NEVER aim for the head. If you want the deer to fall right there, shoot it in the shoulder (for the gun hunters out there) and right behind the shoulder (if you dont wana mess up meat or if you' re bowhunting) A deer won' t run far if shot in the lungs. I havent seen a deer run past 75 yards from being shot in the lungs, with a bullet or an arrow. Keep this in mind, and never aim for the head.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

When you took your hunter safety course didn' t they teach you where to aim for a quick humane kill? It wasn' t the head you can be sure of that. The lungs and heart should be where everyone aims. If not your doing it wrong and thats not up to debate.[:@] Where do you fit in?
Old 10-29-2003, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

ill have to go with lil huntin fool and say double lung or heart/lung
Old 10-29-2003, 05:58 PM

Timba!! You should never suggest that anyone shoot a deer in the shoulder! Even if they dont care about the meat you should always aim right behind the shoulder.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure if replied to this one or not just in case i' ll respond anyway. Regardless of with bow or gun, I wouldnt aim for the head on a big game animal because say if you miss slightly and shoot it in the mouth for example. It just suffer and eventually die a slow death. As for heart/lung shots is a definetly something i would aim for literally.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: kenneyhunt

hi all
where would you think is the best shot for a decent kill
i' d have to say the head[&:][8D]
ok ive started a bit of confusion,now i diddnt say on what kind of animal.
lets start again. this time on goats,deer, and small game

my comment.
goats any where just so long as you kill them

deer head but not on a trophy or centre of the neck

small game rabbits etc head neck
wild cats,any where
Old 10-31-2003, 05:40 PM

You' re still very, very wrong. You can not shoot for a deer' s head and ' respect the game.'
Old 10-31-2003, 07:53 PM

To be exact (w/ gun) i shoot at about 6 inches below the back. i call the the shock zone. it seems to hit them and they are dead and just keep on truckin
expect a 25-50 yd trail.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:17 PM

i dont see why not FL/GA HUNTER if i can hit it in the head and bring it down strait away then i belive i would be respecting the game. think about it if i shot you in the head with a 308 you would be gone much faster than if i shot you in the heart, and you wouldnt feel much if i shot you in the head, quite simply because you wouldnt have a head.lets see if you feel that you would miss a deers head then that is quite simply your shooting. and i diddnt ask wether or not i was making a bad mistake where i shoot them i was asking where you shoot them so shut up until you have read it properly. OK SIR [>:][X(]
Old 11-01-2003, 12:13 AM

jerseyhunter
When you took your hunter safety course didn' t they teach you where to aim for a quick humane kill? It wasn' t the head you can be sure of that. The lungs and heart should be where everyone aims. If not your doing it wrong and thats not up to debate. Where do you fit in?
Timbawolf98
NEVER aim for the head.
Kenney, have you ever taken a hunter safety course? I' m not the only one telling you you' re wrong, it' s the hunting community as a whole.

Quick Reply: best kill shot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.