Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

best kill shot

Old 08-21-2003, 12:42 PM

Default RE: best kill shot

I agree with bigbulls 100%. A head shot gives terrible odds, not to mention being an unethical shot. If you miss the tiniest bit you could blow off a bottom jaw or any number of things. How can a deer survive like that, it can' t. No matter if you are shooting with a bow or a gun, never aim for the head, it is too risky. Young hunters, listen to bigbulls and not highcountry, that is not the right way to hunt.....that is shooting or killing, not hunting.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:22 PM

THA KILL ZONE IS A GOOD SHOT BUT A DOUBLE LUNG HAS TO BE THE BEST KILL SHOT DROP EM IN THERE TRACKS SHOT
Old 09-17-2003, 01:23 AM

With a bow, the heart & lung area. With rifle I' ll take a neck shot if the situation allows for it.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bigbulls covered it well. I go for the double lungers/heart area.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

When I hunt I don' t want a DECENT kill, I want to make a shot where I know the deer will be going down quickly and painlessly. A head shot it very irresponsible, no matter what weapon you are using. If you think the head is a good place to aim then somebody needs to teach you a lesson.
The very first deer I shot at was a doe. First day of shotgun season. She came running right in front of me and at about 10 yards my dad stopped her with a grunt. I don' t know what happened, if I rushed the shot or pulled it or what but I was aiming for the heart and lungs and hit the doe in the nose. Believe me it was the worst thing I have ever seen. To see that doe suffer in the way that it those few seconds before I got another shot in her was enough to devaste me. Even as I type this it brings a tear to my eyes because of the pain that was going through that doe. Oh but it doesn' t matter because it was just a doe and their are plenty of them <- saying that very sarcastically.
You boys can aim for the head all you want but I will aim for the heart and lungs.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:23 PM

lungs and heart are great shots if broadside. ummm last fall shot an elk with my 7mm butsted both shoulders and put him down fast. shot a moose 3 years ago in the hump on top of the shoulder and that put him down like a bag of dirt heard of numerous people having that same success. my favorite shot though is when a deer is looking right at me facing my and you pick that little white patch on their neck and put a bullet through it seems to work well but you have to be a good shot. when its all said and done though heart and lungs are the easiest to hit and will always do the job.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:31 PM

personaly i dont know why you would shoot a deer in the head, it is the smallest part. for me its right in the bread basket(dubble lung area/heart). Head shots make us hunters look like savages to because the deer looks like crap. those are just my personal beliefs though
Old 09-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Spike

Just to spite you all, the next deer I shoot at I' m aimin for the noggin[>:]
Old 10-13-2003, 02:14 AM
Fork Horn

Heart no contest.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:25 PM

Heart lungs all the way quick, easy, painless, not gross, no chance of miss and running off, bigger target, not chance of messing up possible mount skin, no chance of messing up antlers. Now if were talking about hogs or pigs .22 right in the eye seems to work for me, snake samuria sword(lol) or a machete, bobcat or mountainlion same as deer lungs heart

Quick Reply: best kill shot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.