Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Back in da game!

Old 10-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Back in da game!

I guess I can hunt this year, and guess what? No wolves! Now all I need is that new shotgun and I'm set!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whatre ya lookn at for a new shotgun?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

how come there arent wolves?
Old 10-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right now I'm looking at an 870 but I need to sell my rifle first, and there aren't any known wolves in the area I'm hunting in.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 870 12 gauges. Both of them are express models, one is standard 3" chamber 28" bbl the other a 3.5" chamber and a 26" bbl. Great guns, simple design, nothing to complain about really. There's one thing that 870s seem to need done to them when they're new, and that's a bit of a chamber honing. If you don't do that with the express models you might have a shell stick in the chamber once in awhile, and you could end up like me and break the rim off the shotshell trying to pull it out. Honing is as simple as taking one piece of a 3 piece cleaning rod (like you'd get in a cheap cleaning kit), putting a 20ga bore brush on it, and wrapping a little steel wool around that bore brush. Take your barrel off, fix the cleaning rod into a drill--then squirt some gun oil in the chamber and on the steel wool, and run the drill at high speed for about a minute going up and down a little bit in the chamber. After a couple times, switch to very fine steel wool and do it a couple more times, adding some gun oil while you go. You're chamber should become shiny and smooth as glass, eliminating shell-sticking! There's the trick with 870s
Old 10-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

If anybody wants to buy my rifle, heres the link- http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns...x-9-scope.html

Excellent gun.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

your tellin me tht 742 has had less then a hundred rounds through it??? its easy to tell if they have been fired much by looking in the reciever....
Old 10-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can guarantee you that 100 rounds have never gone through it. What do you see that proves otherwise?
Old 10-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

when the bolt is closed look in the narrow slot in the reciver. there will be five little half moon notches worn into it. if you can see it ill take apic of one so you can see what i mena. i have a couple 742's myself. all functioin fine and have been shot alot. clean is key w/ the older semi autos. im just sayin, if it has been shot more then it will be easy for sometone to tell who knows what to look for just incase you was tryinh to pull the wool over their eyes. not that you would, im just sayin'......