Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

I've been busy [pics]

Old 04-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I've been busy [pics]

Some more fish from this morning. Dropback Hen on Jig and Waxworm and a Fresh Male on a Spawn Bag. Had another fish on a nearly to shore and it took a long hard run and the rod went limp. I was confused and knew I had a good hookset. The fish broke the hook clean in half. Oh well, 2 for 3 on the day.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

wow those are some nice fish i hope i can go someday but for now ill stick with my trout fishing here in PA
Old 04-16-2009, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Hawk

ORIGINAL: buckhunter14

Great catches
Thanks Red. Do you every travel North and hit some Steel up there? I don't know about Northern Cali, but I know Oregon and Washington have world-class Steelhead Runs.

No but that is something I would like to do sometime, and get some hunting in out there too.
You come up here Red and we will find us a spot for steelhead, hunting aint much up here, too little public land, all of which is overhunted
Old 04-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Caleb where are you heading to for the trout opener in PA?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: huntnteen

ORIGINAL: buckhunter14

Great catches
Thanks Red. Do you every travel North and hit some Steel up there? I don't know about Northern Cali, but I know Oregon and Washington have world-class Steelhead Runs.

No but that is something I would like to do sometime, and get some hunting in out there too.
You come up here Red and we will find us a spot for steelhead, hunting aint much up here, too little public land, all of which is overhunted

Yeah that sounds familiar. And I know you are up North but I always forget your location. It might not happen this year but one of these days I'll head out there so i'll keep you informed.