Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

ATV Help please

Old 04-07-2009, 07:37 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

Default ATV Help please

Im looking to get a quad.Mainly for trail,and jumping.I drove many but never a manuel shift one.Is it very hard to learn how to do manuel?(i dont wont to mess up the quad)ive seen automatics such as the Kawasaki kfx 700 but just not sure(makes a funny whinning noise when driven).is there any other automatics(non utility style)?I want to learn how to use a manuel but do not want to buy if its too hard to learn and break it.Any thoguhts or suggestions would be appreciated. Is there any sport quads that have electric shift or anything but with the clutch?I ont think i could do the clutch onesvery well
Old 04-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ATV Help please

Manuals aren't that hard to learn how to ride on. So don't let that deter you from getting one. Depending on what brand it won't break that easy, the only difficult part I had when I learned how was getting into first gear, which quickly got easier. For a trail bike, you can look at the Honda 300EX, they are really reliable and a great fourwheeler for beginners. But then I am a HUGE fan of Honda, wouldn't buy or ride anything else...except for the Brute 750i, that thing is a beast...anyway, Kawasaki and Yamaha also make good quads too. They aren't quite as expensive either, at least I think they aren't.

Tobe
Old 04-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

Cant go wrong with a Honda!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:20 AM
ogg
Fork Horn

Thanks for your help everyone.I think im gonna go with the kawasaki kfx 700.I watched a couple youtube videos on the kfx and it looks sweet.The 09's are like $6500 or something like that but the price isnt the issue.I wonder what the weired nosie coming from the kfx on the videos is?Maby cause its belt driven,or automatic?Doesnt bother me now that i got to hear it on the videos.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

honda

and i like manuals lot better than autos. manuals IMO are just funner to ride and make you focus on riding
Old 04-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

if ur lookin for fun then learn to drive a manual. u can honestly pick it up in a day. if uve ever drove a car thats a manual then u already got it. get urself a honda 400ex u can pick them up cheap and they run forever.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

What are the cons about having a automatic?It just seems really hard to learn how to do manual.I think it would be hard to remember what gear your in lol...or when to shift.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ogg

What are the cons about having a automatic?It just seems really hard to learn how to do manual.I think it would be hard to remember what gear your in lol...or when to shift.
slower acceleration and boring and takes no skill to ride them. and lol its easy to know when to shift. u shift when the rpms get high
Old 04-08-2009, 04:51 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

well im glad i didnt go ahead and buy before coming here.Heres the website of the store I will be buying from.It would be appreciated if you guys could go to it and pick what the best two are (sport ones).I know a little about quads but not much.

go to www.twheels.com look in showroom and go to new/preowned.Thanks for everyones help.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

The 08 Honda 300 is pretty good deal, it's also a good, long lasting, reliable quad. The Yamaha Raptor 350 is another good one, the only thing that keeps we away from the Raptors is that they have had problems with the chain in the past. Stay away from the 700s and 450s, that is a lot of power in a quad for a beginner. Hope this helps, let us know which you decide on.

Tobe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.