Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

speaking of animals

Old 03-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: speaking of animals

Regardless of having license, killing of red T hawks is still illegal.

I have hunting license, but that doesn't give me or anyone legal premission to kill something protected by law.

Not trying to beat the dead horse on it, however, your friend should re-think about shooting hawks and just the idea he is literally putting the chickens on the table for birds of prey if he isn't willing to make compromises.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

no what i was saying is he should get one of those hawking license things so he can kill hawks legally.

and red i dont really disagree with you on this one
Old 03-31-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mossbergman..Did you watch channel 5 news by chance today? There was a Cooper's hawk just hanging out in front of the stationary camera that overlooks the city of Cincinnati, up there for hours.I guess its a pigeon/rat killer. Out here, we onlysee them perched along the highway.Anyway,it would be nice if your buddydidn'tshoot any type of hawk, there has got to be some other way to fix the problem.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

you do realize that this whole area would need a TOP ON IT and that would be very time consuming and costly. if i were him id just get one of those hawkers license or whatever you were talking about so he can legally kill them when they kill his chickens. or just make them not free range.
why are you getting so defensive. if you going to post something like, 'my buddy shoot hawks because they have been killing his chickens which by the way are free ranging' you do realize that there are going to be a lot of people that are very upset about someone shooting something because its causing a problem when the problem can be fixed up without a lot trouble.

there are a lot of people who post topics on here who either want help with a problem or just post something that is obviously going to cause some sort of controversy or people are going to try to help with the problem, and then the person who posted it in the first place shoots everyone and their advice down, which upsets everyone.

when you go to get your hunting license its so you can help in the conservation and preservation of all wild animals, which is why there are laws in place to aid in the process. nothing gives you a license to shoot an animal protected by law. and BTW the falconers license give you the ability to breed, house and hunt with hawks and eagles, not shoot and kill them.

ORIGINAL: Red Hawk

I have hunting license, but that doesn't give me or anyone legal premission to kill something protected by law.
Not trying to beat the dead horse on it, however, your friend should re-think about shooting hawks and just the idea he is literally putting the chickens on the table for birds of prey if he isn't willing to make compromises.
and since red hawk is the only one you wont argue with then listen to him. he understands exactly what everyone is trying to say.

-CC
Old 04-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Canadian Chic

you do realize that this whole area would need a TOP ON IT and that would be very time consuming and costly. if i were him id just get one of those hawkers license or whatever you were talking about so he can legally kill them when they kill his chickens. or just make them not free range.
why are you getting so defensive. if you going to post something like, 'my buddy shoot hawks because they have been killing his chickens which by the way are free ranging' you do realize that there are going to be a lot of people that are very upset about someone shooting something because its causing a problem when the problem can be fixed up without a lot trouble.

there are a lot of people who post topics on here who either want help with a problem or just post something that is obviously going to cause some sort of controversy or people are going to try to help with the problem, and then the person who posted it in the first place shoots everyone and their advice down, which upsets everyone.

when you go to get your hunting license its so you can help in the conservation and preservation of all wild animals, which is why there are laws in place to aid in the process. nothing gives you a license to shoot an animal protected by law. and BTW the falconers license give you the ability to breed, house and hunt with hawks and eagles, not shoot and kill them.

ORIGINAL: Red Hawk

and since red hawk is the only one you wont argue with then listen to him. he understands exactly what everyone is trying to say.

-CC

I was reading Leah’s post and I wanted to add few points, more directly to the situation then anything. If someonecomes into hunting site and telling us that friend is committing the crime of shooting and killing at bird that is legally protected by law, like it isn’t real big deal was rather sickening and naturally it is going to piss people off. Almost everyone in here does hunt I assume, so as hunter and law bidding person, it is our civil duty to take the correct step to help prevent law breaking, let alone give the PETA and other animal rightsactivities groupsmore reason to try to exploithunters as blood thirstybigots. Now, I’m not saying lets go tackles an armed robber or anything of that nature, no. Just calling the law enforcement is that correct step. As for this current situation since it is friend involved, let him/her know that killing animal protected by law, is indeed a crime. If thatstep fails,well, calling the law enforcement is the only other opinion.

I will be honest as always. Again, in regards to the situation that is being discussed. If I lived in Ohio and saw the person shooting at hawks, let alone any type of animal protected by law, I would have called the PD immediately.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

my high school was the sacopee valleyHAWKS and we were awesome
Old 04-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

wow thats freaky but cool thats awesome
Old 04-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Believe it or not golden eagles actively hunt for coyotes and foxes regularly. They also drop mountain goat kids off cliffs, which is why they tend to stay beneath the mother lol
Old 04-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

there are no wolves in this video they are coyotes, just some random eagle vid on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GoEalfyMqM