May The Sheep Be With You" />

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Who Voted?

Old 02-11-2009, 10:36 AM

Default RE: Who Voted?

ORIGINAL: Jome1

Thats were I will have to disagree is (through a lot of work) these criminals don't work hard at all. Criminals are not the ones that have to go through a back ground check because they know they wont pass. There is this thing I think you missed its call the Black Market. Criminals get a hold of any gun they want to. They don't fill out the paper or agree to follow laws. If anything the gov needs to take hold of the Black Market before they start attacking our rights.

Dude, I’m not missing anything…… I didn’t say anything about the black market….. Even if harsh back ground checks were put into place, gun dealers would sell guns under the table…. (last post)>>> “even with back ground checks, some of these corrupt gun dealers will sell these fire arms for cold hard cash under the table..”
You also act as if the Black Market operates easily……. It doesn’t, the FBI, CIA, and Secret Service are all over that….. And if banns against fully auto firearms were put into place, efforts from the Department of Homeland Security would increase.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: kaibab_hunter74

Thats were I will have to disagree is (through a lot of work) these criminals don't work hard at all. Criminals are not the ones that have to go through a back ground check because they know they wont pass. There is this thing I think you missed its call the Black Market. Criminals get a hold of any gun they want to. They don't fill out the paper or agree to follow laws. If anything the gov needs to take hold of the Black Market before they start attacking our rights.

Dude, I’m not missing anything…… I didn’t say anything about the black market….. Even if harsh back ground checks were put into place, gun dealers would sell guns under the table…. (last post)>>> “even with back ground checks, some of these corrupt gun dealers will sell these fire arms for cold hard cash under the table..”
You also act as if the Black Market operates easily……. It doesn’t, the FBI, CIA, and Secret Service are all over that….. And if banns against fully auto firearms were put into place, efforts from the Department of Homeland Security would increase.
My husband reloads so he often buys brass, sometimes used brass. Well a while back he bought some used .30-30 brass and sorted it by brand.(Different brands can have slightly different specs.) He showed me a casing with "Sears" stamped on it. He said it goes back to the days when Sears sold guns and ammunition. You could order a gun from the Sears catalog, by mail of course,and have it delivered by the mail carrier.

Not only does Sears no longer carry guns and ammo, but you can't buy a gun from anyone at all and have it mailed to you. If you wish to buy a gun by mail, you have to have it shipped to a licensed dealer and go through the NICS background check system.

Machine guns? The bad guys don't use machine guns. You need something you can conceal. If you ever get mugged, it'll likely beby a guy holding a .22 or a .32. Why small caliber weapons. Because according to the cops, a larger gun can what they call "print." That is they can tell you're packing somehow by the way your clothes hang or whatever. Also smaller guns are cheaper and if you have to throw it away after a job, you're not out as much money.

Unfortunately, you're falling for all the anti-gun propaganda. "Reasonable" gun control right? Noting wrong with "reasonable" gun control is there? Then one day you get up in the morning and find out on the news that your gun is no longer "reasonable." Why? Well maybe because it uses "cop-killer" bullets like every .30 caliber rifle out there. Or maybe it's because it has a black plastic stock. And we all know that a .223 with a black plastic stock is dangerous as opposed to a .223 with a walnut stock. Uh oh, turns out a .223 with a walnut stock is just as dangerous as one with a black plastic stock.We have to ban those too.

And does anyone really "need" a gun that shoots "cop-killer" bullets? We better ban them too.

I could go on but you get the idea. I hope.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:19 PM

I really don't know what to say about this at all the thing is there are bigger things in this country to worry about but yet we are still concernd about the little things in life. Don't get me wrong I love this country and would defend it if I had to. Everyone talks about how great it is to live in this country with our freedoms and everything. But at school we had a group of foreign exchange students come and tell us they felt sorry for the USA. So either we need to change the way things are going her or get the chance to be on the outside looking in at this country. All I know is this nation is going down hill rather fast and if this gov does nothing to change it we all might not be here debating about what guns we should and should not own.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: daddyslittlegirl

ORIGINAL: kaibab_hunter74

My husband reloads so he often buys brass, sometimes used brass. Well a while back he bought some used .30-30 brass and sorted it by brand.(Different brands can have slightly different specs.) He showed me a casing with "Sears" stamped on it. He said it goes back to the days when Sears sold guns and ammunition. You could order a gun from the Sears catalog, by mail of course,and have it delivered by the mail carrier.

Not only does Sears no longer carry guns and ammo, but you can't buy a gun from anyone at all and have it mailed to you. If you wish to buy a gun by mail, you have to have it shipped to a licensed dealer and go through the NICS background check system.

Machine guns? The bad guys don't use machine guns. You need something you can conceal. If you ever get mugged, it'll likely beby a guy holding a .22 or a .32. Why small caliber weapons. Because according to the cops, a larger gun can what they call "print." That is they can tell you're packing somehow by the way your clothes hang or whatever. Also smaller guns are cheaper and if you have to throw it away after a job, you're not out as much money.

Unfortunately, you're falling for all the anti-gun propaganda. "Reasonable" gun control right? Noting wrong with "reasonable" gun control is there? Then one day you get up in the morning and find out on the news that your gun is no longer "reasonable." Why? Well maybe because it uses "cop-killer" bullets like every .30 caliber rifle out there. Or maybe it's because it has a black plastic stock. And we all know that a .223 with a black plastic stock is dangerous as opposed to a .223 with a walnut stock. Uh oh, turns out a .223 with a walnut stock is just as dangerous as one with a black plastic stock.We have to ban those too.

And does anyone really "need" a gun that shoots "cop-killer" bullets? We better ban them too.

I could go on but you get the idea. I hope.

I don’t know where to begin with this irregular and “fact free” opinion. I’m going to refrain from commenting on your first two paragraphs…. For they have nothing to do with anything, and makes no point.

“The bad guys don’t use machine guns.”………. what on earth are you talking about? Here is a couple of news clips and stories to refresh your mind…… ( also the difference between fully auto gun and machine guns is nothing….. Except caliber…. So don’t exclude AK’s and AR’s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqfrr26yTSY

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003468090_webranger08.html

Also, don’t forget about he Mobsters in the 20’s!!!! Yea, they used Thompson’s….. ( Valentines Day Massacre ) maybe you don’t know…… lol

Now to the really dumb comment……… I’m not falling for any propaganda….. You and other gun enthusiasts believe in so much garbage it’s incredible. Like I’ve said numerous times already…. Yours, mine, and the other gun owners in America will not have their guns taken away….. The Judicial branch would NEVER pass legislation like that…. There are too many 2nd amendment supporters in this country! I don’t know how you people can possibly have a good day, when you’re so constantly paranoid all the time.

A black plastic stock isn’t a good example for your argument…… My family has an AR…. .223 caliber with a black plastic stock…. It’s a semi-auto…. Not a fully auto. So the black plastic stock has nothing to do with anything. They are totally legal.

So do I get your idea? No... you provided a statement full of exaggerated claims and no facts. ( excluding your first two paragraphs )

Old 02-12-2009, 11:03 AM

SPEAKING OF MACHINE GUNS!!!! YOU DIDN'T MISS THE SHOOT OUT IN ARIZONA TODAY DID YA?????
Old 02-12-2009, 01:35 PM

First of hall there is a differens in full auto and a machine gun. One is shot from the shoulder and the other is mounted. After a few of your comments i have come to believe you just follow all your little die/hard liberals arounds and listen to all the garbage also.That plastic stock you talk about and say its has nothing to do with any thing then why did ur democrat Bill Clinton deside they had to ban then lets hear about that one???? The other thing is you and all ur D-Rats are still stuck in the past talking about the Mobsters. The gov back then was smart enough to take care of that problem but now with all these rats in office noting can get done but just take them all way. If the gov had any BRAINS the would just enforce the laws we have on the books now and there you go problem solved. This gov cares more about the criminals then about its citizens. I guess you think it is wrong to kill someone that killed someone.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:05 PM

First of hall there is a differens in full auto and a machine gun. One is shot from the shoulder and the other is mounted. After a few of your comments i have come to believe you just follow all your little die/hard liberals arounds and listen to all the garbage also.That plastic stock you talk about and say its has nothing to do with any thing then why did ur democrat Bill Clinton deside they had to ban then lets hear about that one???? The other thing is you and all ur D-Rats are still stuck in the past talking about the Mobsters. The gov back then was smart enough to take care of that problem but now with all these rats in office noting can get done but just take them all way. If the gov had any BRAINS the would just enforce the laws we have on the books now and there you go problem solved. This gov cares more about the criminals then about its citizens. I guess you think it is wrong to kill someone that killed someone.

God, if this is the best argument you can come up with… then your future as far as guns go, are in a world of trouble….. Lol….. Ever hear of the M249 SAW?????? I guess not, that’s why don’t know what you’re talking about… here’s a link for you. ( there are plenty more guns I can find for you as well )

http://revver.com/video/1151442/us-marine-shooting-m249-saw/

Little die/hard liberals????? For one, little doesn't mean anything.... incase you didn't know (which I'm positive you don't) the Dems. have almost full control of the Government right now. Who's choice was that? the PEOPLE of the United States who ELECTED them.... you know nothing about politics.... if you wish tohave an intellegent arguement... then at least come prepared.

I don't know much about his ban.... but it obviously didn't do much if what you say is true..... because my family has one, and so do millions of others..... so what's the point?

D-Rats???? Is that something your Red Neck father says? Stuck in the past??? This clearly proves that you know nothing about current politics and economics and quite frankly our nation. These "D-Rats" you speak of, are currently fixing the last 8 years of mess-up's caused by the same old, worn down, failed policies of the Republicans..... I can tell you right now, that you would be ( I say would, because you don't know what you're talking about... you speakout using your parents words ) part of the minority in this country, and most of the world..... The people ELECTED the Dems...... like I said before.... FIXING.... We are getting something done, I suggest you watch the news sometime kid.

As for the last sentence.... I'm not going to even respond to something so outrageous.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry DLG, gotta lock this one down: Few people still aren't getting the 'no personal attacks' part just yet.