Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Deer Season

Old 01-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer Season

ORIGINAL: mossberghunter93

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

I know where Wisconsin deer like to lay, and thats in the thick forest to avoid the predators, and taking our ladder stand that far into the woods just can't be done.
In that case, save your money this year and invest in a good, lightweight climbing stand that you can carry in that far. It'll be worth every penny you spent when you connect with that first deer. Keep trying.
OR how about grabbing a couple stools and sitting on the ground i did that for my first two deer and it seemed to work alright not to mention it cost a grand total of $20 to get one
So your equipment and tags must have cost about a penny?!
I'm comin' out to Ohio!
Old 01-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

rory- i have that same sweatshirt

centauri- you can pick up a cheap hang on for 30 bucks at diks sporting goods and then get some screw in tree steps and youll be up 15 feet for about 45 bucks. and you can bring hangons anywhere. i would try finding some private land to hunt.....you can do a lot more with it and dont have to worry about other hunters. put an add in the paper or just drive up to houses asking permission to hunt, or do some work for somebody for their land hunting rights. just some advice
Old 01-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Yea My dad got 2 trees this season but let them lay, (he heard the meat wasnt very good).
R.I.P trees
Old 01-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

I know where Wisconsin deer like to lay, and thats in the thick forest to avoid the predators, and taking our ladder stand that far into the woods just can't be done.
In that case, save your money this year and invest in a good, lightweight climbing stand that you can carry in that far. It'll be worth every penny you spent when you connect with that first deer. Keep trying.
OR how about grabbing a couple stools and sitting on the ground i did that for my first two deer and it seemed to work alright not to mention it cost a grand total of $20 to get one
I'm comin' out to Ohio!
Mossy, thick forest in Wisconsin means that you can't see more than five feet from the ground. Treestands work better however. Right now, I am working on saving for a climber. Most people suggested the Summit Viper, so thats what I'm going to try.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm comin' out to Ohio!
actually there free if your a resident with your own land or on your parents land i hunt my parents land so i dont even need a licensebut you still come to ohio
Old 01-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm comin' out to Ohio!
actually there free if your a resident with your own land or on your parents land i hunt my parents land so i dont even need a licensebut you still come to ohio
centauri get 12 g with 3 1/2 inch shells and just plow through the brush if nothing else works
sorry to get off topic but jake i think you spelled amateur hunter wrong
Old 01-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

I'm comin' out to Ohio!
centauri get 12 g with 3 1/2 inch shells and just plow through the brush if nothing else works
I have a Remmington 870, that will plow through the brush, but if I can't see the deer, can I shoot it? No.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Centauri

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

I'm comin' out to Ohio!
I have a Remmington 870, that will plow through the brush, but if I can't see the deer, can I shoot it? No.
Don't shoot through brush. The bullet WILL deflect.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

idc and AH doesnt care
Old 01-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

idc and AH doesnt care
well thats all that matters partner

rory. i shot my .22 through honeysuckle and still hit what i was aiming for

Quick Reply: Deer Season

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.