Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Single pin sights

Old 12-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Spike

Default Single pin sights

Are the single pin sights easy to use???

Old 12-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Single pin sights

I think you're asking in the wrong place
Old 12-09-2008, 08:32 PM

I personally have no experiance with single pin sights. You would probably get more responses if you asked this in the bowhunting section.

WOW a real hunting question[8D]
Old 12-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

I used to have a Trophy Ridge mantis. It worked good for me, but I prefer a 5 pin
Old 12-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

My sight has 5 pins
Old 12-10-2008, 04:10 AM

I like my 1 pin sight. At most i would only want a 3 pin but still dont care for that many. I shoot everywhere from 5-60 yards with a 1 pin.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Retaks

I like my 1 pin sight. At most i would only want a 3 pin but still dont care for that many. I shoot everywhere from 5-60 yards with a 1 pin.
you should make that say "adjustable single pin"

as far as hunting, i wouldnt want a single. my 3d bow is set up w/ a 3 axis micro adjust single pin w/ 4x glass. when i was younger.....i dunno 9, 10 years old i was using a single pin also for tourney and tried it hunting but it didnt work out that great unless the animal comes perfectly to the yardage your set for at that moment. adjusting while there standiung there isnt that easy. how many times have you drawn you bow on a deer to have it turn, walk 10 yds and stop again?? that sucks. because then your left w/ either compensating, which is highly chgancey at best or leting down and adjusting and re-darw your bow. its up to you but think long and hard of all the situattions you could encounter and how your equipment is gonna be at that time.

i prefer now after being an archer for 19 almost 20 year a simple 3 pin sight. i like three because my compounds are fast enough that the pins are real close together and i feel 5 pins is to much of a cluster, especially at dusk. i have it set 20, 30 and 40. ome of the set ups ive tried has been zero to 30 one pin, then 40 and 50 but i cant think of a time, other then when i was hunting PA that i needed a 50yd pin. it was all the big fields there that we dont have here. besides, bowhnting is about getting them in close. for sights i recomend the extreme 900. ive been shooting it for 2 years and its been very tough, simple to use, micro adjust, and light weight. also a inline three pin that i like are the vital bow gear systems. i have on of theose on my AR and liek it okay......

final decision is what makes you happy and what your confident in
Old 12-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 3 pins. 20, 25, and 30 yards. Im asking for a 5 pin one for christmas so I can get a little bit farther in shots.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey pope94, just somehtin to think about, that whisker biscuit your shooting is robbing you of a lot of potential as fas as speed goes which translates to more distance.......w/ the set you you already have. my father shoot a whisker biscuit, has since they come out and ive been tryin to get him to abandon it but he wont. unless your doing a lot of ground stalking i see no need for a full capture rest. a nice wide lizards tounge on a drop away is much more practical. i mean, if you have to tip you bow that much in a treestand to get a shot either wait, or you shoudl have picked a better tree or trimmed some brnches. just my thoughts.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Retaks

ditto when i used to shoot bows, i only had one pin. that was the way my dad taught me, if i shot 10 yards or closer, i wouldnt even use my pin, jus instictive, and i wouldnt shoot out to 60 yds, the farthest i shot was 40-45

Quick Reply: Single pin sights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.