Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Single pin sights

Old 12-10-2008, 08:27 AM

Default RE: Single pin sights

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

ORIGINAL: Retaks

I like my 1 pin sight. At most i would only want a 3 pin but still dont care for that many. I shoot everywhere from 5-60 yards with a 1 pin.
you should make that say "adjustable single pin"
It is an adjustable one pin by HHA because i like the really small pin but i never adjust it. I just know where to hold for the distance im shooting. At 60 yards i put where i want to hit centerd on the pin and just above the level. I have no need to waste time adjusting it.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Then why wouldn't you just get a non-adjustable single pin?
Old 12-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

i got 3 pins
Old 12-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like my 1 pin sight. At most i would only want a 3 pin but still dont care for that many. I shoot everywhere from 5-60 yards with a 1 pin.
It is an adjustable one pin by HHA because i like the really small pin but i never adjust it. I just know where to hold for the distance im shooting. At 60 yards i put where i want to hit centerd on the pin and just above the level. I have no need to waste time adjusting it.
two things, i bet your pin isnt any smaller the .019"..... and the second thing is, theres nothin more inconsistant then "guessing" especially when shootiong up hill or down hill such as out of a tree stand. and guessing no matter how much a man has practiced is not as precise as a nice fine sighting aperatus. ......and i caught hell for shooting my deer on the run sometimes and making headshot and there are ppl out there GUESSING!?!?!? yeh i bout magine
Old 12-10-2008, 11:06 AM

two things, i bet your pin isnt any smaller the .019"..... and the second thing is, theres nothin more inconsistant then "guessing" especially when shootiong up hill or down hill such as out of a tree stand. and guessing no matter how much a man has practiced is not as precise as a nice fine sighting aperatus. ......and i caught hell for shooting my deer on the run sometimes and making headshot and there are ppl out there GUESSING!?!?!? yeh i bout magine
My pin in .010. Its a target pin. As for guessing i dont guess. I use a rangefinder to know the distance im shooting and know where to aim for that distance. Look at people that use recurve bows and no sights for hunting and your gonna complain that i only use 1 pin.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

My pin in .010. Its a target pin. As for guessing i dont guess. I use a rangefinder to know the distance im shooting and thatknow where to aim for distance. Look at people that use recurve bows and no sights for hunting and your gonna complain that i only use 1 pin.
a .010 is just that a target pin. i have a few but they are actually too hard to see even in daylight and they are very very very weak. your probablythe only one who huntsone of those. but when your guessin a pin dont matter[&:]

and the last time i checked that is still guessing. you dont know exactly where to hold the pin, your guessing. admit it. rangefinder or not. unless your a phenom adn had sight pins then you could probably shoot thumb tacks at a hundred yds if you had pins. also go check out the traditional boys and see how far they shoot at a deer. lol huge differance skowpachee.

and i aint complaing,im sayinits stupid and i wouldnt recomend it to the kid whos asking the question.

besides, if you have time to range the distance why not adjust your pin ?!? hahaha this is funny
Old 12-10-2008, 11:56 AM

My pin in .010. Its a target pin. As for guessing i dont guess. I use a rangefinder to know the distance im shooting and thatknow where to aim for distance. Look at people that use recurve bows and no sights for hunting and your gonna complain that i only use 1 pin.
a .010 is just that a target pin. i have a few but they are actually too hard to see even in daylight and they are very very very weak. your probablythe only one who huntsone of those. but when your guessin a pin dont matter[&:]

and the last time i checked that is still guessing. you dont know exactly where to hold the pin, your guessing. admit it. rangefinder or not. unless your a phenom adn had sight pins then you could probably shoot thumb tacks at a hundred yds if you had pins. also go check out the traditional boys and see how far they shoot at a deer. lol huge differance skowpachee.

and i aint complaing,im sayinits stupid and i wouldnt recomend it to the kid whos asking the question.

besides, if you have time to range the distance why not adjust your pin ?!? hahaha this is funny
Actually my pin is brighter then alot of .19 pins and not hard to see at all until it is almost completely dark out.

I do know exactly where to hold the pin because if the pin is dead on its 35 yards and at the very bottom of the pin is 60 yards. Dead center on the pin is 45 yards and there is a small scratch there. And i would never shoot a deer past 35-40 yards unless i had a perfect broadside shot in a clearing with no wind. Even though i keep 5" groups at 55 yards.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I totally agree with Retaks here. I shoot a single pin HHA for 3D and hunting. With my bow I know my holdover with my sight set at 20 or even 25 yards. Call it guessing if you must, but if I can shoot better then 80% of the the people at the shop when I'm guessing then guessing is alright to me.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used an HHA single pin adjustable for a while and really liked the sight. I went back to a fixed 3 pin sight just because I prefer not to have to move the sight for different yardages, but there are a lot of people who use them and love them.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

hahaha what ever floats you boat. you guys must have the fastest bows alive for it to go from the center of the pin at 35 and the bottom at60 w/ only a .010 pins lol and yes its still guessing. what ever floats your boat. i highly recomend to the young fella whos post this is, to learn how to do it correctly

my 3d bowi garentee is faster then any hunting set up either of you two shoot and from 30 to 40 yds i have to adjust 5 1/4 clicks. (3/16")and my 3d bow is 321fps on a cold string

either way im done talkin about it. i think its funny as hell and very very in consistant.

Quick Reply: Single pin sights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.