Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

First Deer (8pt)

Old 11-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default First Deer (8pt)

Hey guys I shot my first deer Sunday. It was an awesome day. I hunted a friend's farm in NY and the morning was very cold I set up my climber at 6:50 am and did not see anything all morning and I frose my butt off. I decided to go get some food and come back for the afternoon hunt later around 1.

When I was leaving I saw a few perminant stands and I thought hey maybe I will set up in those for theafternoon. When I came back around 1 i was climbing the stand and all of a sudden a little 6 point runs out catches me completly off guard. A pick up my gun slowly and turn the safty off set my sights and then he goes off into the woods. I had a few branches in the way and I was not ready for the shot. I could have taken a head on shot but I did not want to I wanted to be more ready. So I waited about an hour and nothing it was much better conditions for the afternoon hunt stil very windy tho. I decided to go and take a walk around the field with some doe in heat and just see the property First time hunting the farm and I didnt scout it before hand. Scouted a lot of stateland near my school but nothing on this farm. So i trailed some doe in heat and made my way around the field. I goot on the other side of the field and there was another permanant stand so I decided to set up there. About an hour goes by and I am sitten there eating some sunflower seeds with my right hand and the left hand has one glove on holding my right glove. All of a sudden a gust of wind blows by glove out of my hand and down to the floor. So im thinking ok I will just go down real slow and get the glove no problem. As I go down to get the glove this eight pt comes out of the woods and into the field. He crosses my doe in heat drag and stops. Here I am cought at the bottom of my stand and the buck is coming to me. My shotgun is on top of the stand. So I slowly walk up the stand pick up the gun and set my sights on him. He starts moving closer and closer following the doe drag. He comes about 30 yrds I take a broadside shot and he kicks and starts coming closer to me. He stops about 10 yard infront of me. I put another shell in and take another shot. He kicks up again and goes about 10 yards and falls. It was awesome and I will never forget my first deer.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: First Deer (8pt)

Great buck! Congrats!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on you first Buck!! Really nice buck!!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:22 PM

Good job!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the great buck!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:43 PM

Awesome first buck. Congrats
Old 11-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

congrats on a first buck! It's nice!
-Jake
Old 11-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Thats a heck of a first deer!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice...its not a deer that will soon be forgoten!
Old 11-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice 1

Quick Reply: First Deer (8pt)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.