Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

college blues

Old 08-31-2008, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default college blues

Hey!
Just wanted to complain about how I am missing the opener of small game season for the first time in seven years.
Anyone else having this problem???? But for real, I'm loving college, I just can't wait to get home in october for five days to do some huning!
-Jake
Old 08-31-2008, 11:57 PM

Default RE: college blues

I know how you feel. College really does limit your time in the field.

I came home for the 3 day weekend and did a little yote hunting. But yea, I'm ready for October. I don't mind missing a day or 2 of class for bow season
Old 09-01-2008, 05:09 AM

That sucks. I just got done hunting for this mornings opener of archery deer. I got a small doe. I wasnt going out looking ofr a big one i just wanted a small deer for some meat in the freezer. There was 6 other deer that came by i couldnt get a shot at and 2 bucks came by but they were small. One was a 3 point and the other a very small 6.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Little Doe Peep

Season (archery) doesn't start here until Oct. 1st. We're pretty sure we can get out this season since I can spend more time away from Miriam now. We've been doing a lot of scouting. (We take her with us.) And we're pretty sure we know where to find them, but we've avoided getting to close so as not to change their habits.

Won't be much competition since very few bowhunters use public land. I won't be on here much though because because Miriam, school, and household responsibilities are keeping me pretty busy.

May The Sheep Be With You
Old 09-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Retaks

That sucks. I just got done hunting for this mornings opener of archery deer. I got a small doe. I wasnt going out looking ofr a big one i just wanted a small deer for some meat in the freezer. There was 6 other deer that came by i couldnt get a shot at and 2 bucks came by but they were small. One was a 3 point and the other a very small 6.
Doesn't PA's archery season start October 4th?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: crazedbowhunter

ORIGINAL: Retaks

Doesn't PA's archery season start October 4th?
Yes for buck season. Doe season starts Sept 20. DE deer season opend today. I live right on the PA/DE/NJ state lines. I only hunt PA and DE though.

Where in Central PA are you? We have a cabbin up near State College that we Turkey and Bear hunt out of.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Retaks!
Old 09-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

congrats retaks! I really can't wait to get out there!