Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Way Disgusting!

Old 06-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Way Disgusting!

ORIGINAL: huntingirl89

For a field standpoint, I can see a semi being better than a pump. However, for home defense, there's nothing more intimidating that the sound of putting one in the chamber with a pump.
well it may be more intimidating but its gonna feel better for the defender to be able to put the lead were its supposed to go quicker
Old 06-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossberghunter93

For a field standpoint, I can see a semi being better than a pump. However, for home defense, there's nothing more intimidating that the sound of putting one in the chamber with a pump.
well it may be more intimidating but its gonna feel better for the defender to be able to put the lead were its supposed to go quicker
eventhough i said that i have a pump for dove and deer because i wassnt aloud to get a semi auto but im more that happy with my mossberg 500 pump
Old 06-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

All I need is one shot. Buckshot to the gut at close range? I don't think he's getting up. If he even twitches the next shot is a slug.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:39 AM

I shoot a little high at 10 yards on human beings with my slugs, any suggestions?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

All I need is one shot. Buckshot to the gut at close range? I don't think he's getting up. If he even twitches the next shot is a slug.
wat if there is more than 1 guy
Old 06-14-2008, 09:20 AM

Mossberg, a semi auto at close range is no more reliable or accurate than a pump. Like HG and I have said we can both cycle rounds very quickly. If there are two guys you shoot the first with buck shot and the second with slug
Old 06-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey im not saying that they arent fastly cycled, im just saying i prefer semi, but if there are multiple guys, then generally the one you didnt kill is running his a$$ away
Old 06-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntnteen

hey im not saying that they arent fastly cycled, im just saying i prefer semi, but if there are multiple guys, then generally the one you didnt kill is running his a$$ away
x2
Old 06-19-2008, 08:17 AM

X3 i love my pump but if my house is being invaded i would rather have a semi