Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Youth Hunters Harvest Post

Old 04-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Youth Hunters Harvest Post

i thaught the same thing...BUT with a slug its do-a-ble.. if he had said buckshot i would have called BS.. but slug, they have been know to take deer out to about 200 yards with a good gun, GREAT slug, and good scope..100 yards with an open side and slug, if you hit one right behind the shoulder.. u got lucky...

One thing andy, not calling you a liar but if you hit him square in the kill zone why did he run 200 yards? shouldntmake it past 75 yards TOPS if youhit him square in the kill zone.. maybe u hit him somewhat in the kill zone, or at an agle half in the kill zone and half not...
Old 04-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bloodsaw

i thaught the same thing...BUT with a slug its do-a-ble.. if he had said buckshot i would have called BS.. but slug, they have been know to take deer out to about 200 yards with a good gun, GREAT slug, and good scope..100 yards with an open side and slug, if you hit one right behind the shoulder.. u got lucky...

One thing andy, not calling you a liar but if you hit him square in the kill zone why did he run 200 yards? shouldntmake it past 75 yards TOPS if youhit him square in the kill zone.. maybe u hit him somewhat in the kill zone, or at an agle half in the kill zone and half not...
even tho its not likely its possible, during the rut i shot a buck with a 300 wsm through the lungs and he ran 300 yards be4 he died
Old 04-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

even tho its not likely its possible, during the rut i shot a buck with a 300 wsm through the lungs and he ran 300 yards be4 he died
you know to this day i have no idea how he made it so far! everyone in my family (all hunted for at least 10 years) that was hunting with us said they couldnt believe that he made it that far! it was during rut but still, im confused! i mean he had been running, so i dont know if he already had his adreneline pumping?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive have a friend who hunts w/ nothin but a shotgun and buckshot and i have stood in a loggin rd and seen him kill a spike at 91yds. dropped like a bad habbit! i wouldnt have ever believed it if he told me but it is possible. it ended up having two pellets in the head one in the heat and two in the lungs and one in the spine. i was impressed to say the least.
as far as a deer runnning a long ways like yours did it all depends on the animal and its tanacity to live! if he just took a breath of air and filled his lungs when he fired he could easily burn a couple hundred yards in just seconds. the deer was dead on his feet but had no idea. just goin on adrenaline. ive seen this often w/ 308's. why 308's?? i dunno just happens to be what these ppl had.AND ppl say a wounded deer wont go up hill either but thats also a load of crap. as a rule they wont but they certainly can and will!

Old 04-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Bet he didnt aim directly at the deer and kill it from 91 yards...he had to have aimed a good bit over him and prob. with a tight patterned gun...i shot at a cow horn spike from about 75 yards with my 12 GA 3 1/2 magnum 000 buckshot... didnt put a pellet in him...just had too much drop..i wouldnt even shoot at one 75 yards anymore but 75 looked more like50 when my heart was pumping, lol
Old 04-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossberghunter93

Andy, you shot him from 100 yards with a shotgun? with a scope? buck shot or slug...
wow 100 yards with a shotgun that seems far goood though
i use a remington 870 express with a hastings rifled slug and get like a hundred yard asa max with iron sights, you get some of those suped up heavy barreled sluggers that take a 3 1/2 shell you can reach out and touch em' at 150 yard
Old 04-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my first bow buck in the middle of the rut, during a snow storm, on the ground 6 yds!!!, I was wearing a sheet with a hole cut out for my head.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is my second bow buck. I shot it October 9, on my birthday I shot it at 10yds, is was sparring with a smaller buck! Is was by far my favorite hunt!

Old 04-30-2008, 04:41 PM
G92
Fork Horn

I shot him on the youth opener.He worked in perfect and i missed him then he flew in the air and landed again so i shot him again and hit him!

Old 04-30-2008, 04:43 PM
G92
Fork Horn

Great day duck hunting 7 ducks 11 geese and a jack minor band it was a great day

Quick Reply: Youth Hunters Harvest Post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.