Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

never hunted before...

Old 02-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: never hunted before...

well i started typing the parts that were important for just the DEER part! but i guess you just had to be better than me![&:]
Old 02-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: stealthsniper96

i will look into it for ya

ok thanks, but don't waste to much time, I dont even know if I can do it yet. I figure I might have some trouble convincing my mom to let me take it up, but I would like to have a general idea about stuff before I ask her.
If you think your mom might be nervous about it, why not consider archery and bowhunting first just to get her used to the idea of hunting. Most women are not as afraid of a bow compared to guns.

You can also explain to her that there aren't nearly as many hunters in the woods in bow season.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:43 PM

OK ive been buisy for the alst few days. I live in PA and we have very similar weather. I normally just wear a set of thermals, and pants and shirt, and a jacket for hunting. I do make sure i have enough hunting clothes for sitting in freezing weather but i normall just use it for coyote in the snow and when its cold and rainy. As for a gun a 243 would be plenty for gun for there actually you could get a 20 gauge shotgun combo with both smooth and rifled barrels and then you would be set to hunt anything. I doubt youll get many shots over 150 yards. I will recomend finding someone that hunts and letting them teach you about shooting and gun safety thentaking you on your first few trips into the woods.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:14 PM

Don't forget about hunters safety course...
Old 02-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

i suggest going to your local sporting goods store and talking to one of the workers for specifics. ask about public land opportunities and see what he says. then try talking to an adult who would be willing to take you out or lend you a firearm.