Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Storytime little ones

Old 02-11-2008, 04:40 PM

Default Storytime little ones

This is the story of my first ever squirrel hunt, enjoy.

We were walking through the Milan Wildlife Area when the branches around us started shaking violently. We looked around as i used the Mr. Squirrel Whistle trying to call the little tree rats in so we could blow them to pieces and then enjoy them later on the grill. As i looked up into the trees preparing for a shot, my brother screamed out in agony that something big and vicious just bit him in the neck.

I turned thinking it might be some kind of Sasquatch. As i turned i popped the safety off ready to bust some Federal Heavy Field Load 6 shot into Mr. Furry Homosapien. As i turned something hit me in the face and i screamed out in agony. It was trying to claw my eyeballs out. My brother wanted to help but couldn't shoot this invisible creature as it was on my face. My brother ran over to me trying to help me when something hit him in the back of the knees and knocked him to the ground. I could see the fear in his eyes... well partially because my eyeballs were being clawed out. I ripped this thing that was trying to kill me off my face and went to help him. All of a sudden a tree fell down right on me. We started to realize we weren't going to make it out of the woods when a park ranger showed up in the knick of time. He pulled the broken twig off of me and sprayed us with some sort of anti-rabid invisible squirrel spray. The ranger led us out of the woods without further incident. We thanked the ranger for his help and asked him how he was able to get some anti-rabid invisible squirrel spray. He turned and looked at us weird and said i sprayed you with some OFF Deep Woods and those weren't rabid invisible squirrels, they were mosquitos.

The End
Old 02-11-2008, 04:51 PM

Default RE: Storytime little ones

That was pretty good.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Little Doe Peep

I thought we only had mosquitoes problems here. Those mosquitoes sound kinda puny though. One of our mosquitoes will make two good size meals for a family of four.

Off has no effect on our mosquitoes either. Our mosquitoes will eat Off, spray can and all. They use 100% Deet as a sunscreen.

You need a 12 ga. with #4 shot to bring one down. You best have a pump or semi-auto 'cause it usually takes two shots to kill one mosquito.

The mosquitoes are not the real threat though. The real threatis the swarming, marauding herds of wild mutant 'possums.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe that story 100%. In South Carolina, the state bird of prey is the mosquito.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

you would think a misqueto was a squirell!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very Nice!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:43 PM

I should be an author
Old 02-12-2008, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Banned

You want to see mosquitos? Come down to the swamps of Louisiana. I can introduce you yanks to some mosquitos.