" />

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

I'm off for another snow day....

Old 02-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I'm off for another snow day....

Geez... ya'll got it way too easy. When I was in high school, we never got snow days. And boy did we have snow. The blizzard of 96 (some of you probably were too young to remember), we were in school the entire time. By the time the snow fall was over we had 5 feet of powder on the ground. And still went to school. The road crews are great here, which makes it bad for little kids wanting to play in the snow all day

Here at college, a bit farther south from my home county, we still rarely get snow days even through the road crews leave much to be desired here.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:14 PM

Hey i remember the Blizzard of 96. There was alot of snow then. I remember my window being fully coverd by a snow drift and i went and shoveld it out and it was coverd again in about 2 hours. So far today we have got 3in of rain since and its still raining very hard here.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:27 PM

Or worst Blizzard other than the Blizzard of 78' was the Valentines Day Blizzard last year. I think we had 3 feet of snow with 80 mph wind gusts and like 50 mph sustained. It was down right nasty.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

worst snow storm i remember was one of 2000! on new years eve we had about 18 inches get dumped on us! people that spent he night there (to much booze so they had to stay) couldnt leave in the morning cause we were snowed in!