Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

I'm so P-Oed right now...

Old 01-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm so P-Oed right now...

Here is the story-

I have this massive history project, called History Day. I just finished the part about writing my essay on my topic, which is the Battle of Gettysburg. When I turned it in, my English and History teachers told me that I did it all wrong, and I didn't write it the way they wanted it to be. It is a very good essay, and I spent hours sitting on the PCtyping it.

The told us that we can "set ourselves up for sucess" by having a postive attitude. It is very hard to do that when your teachers keep telling you that you got it all wrong.

Sorry, needed to let that out.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:30 PM

Default RE: I'm so P-Oed right now...

lol i know how you feel. i turned in a 100 point paper and got 30 percent, but luckily i can redo it
Old 01-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

last semester my teacher made us write a 30 page paper on stress! you want stress? that is some stress! then she told the whole class that not one of us did it right and that we all got zeros on that paper!2 weeks later she saidit was a trick to help us handle stress! sucked but it really did lots! mark it up as experiance and next time turn it in to your teacher a couple days before its due and have them look it over! i have never had a teacher turn you away for that! and you will avoid the whole situation!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Centauri

Here is the story-

I have this massive history project, called History Day. I just finished the part about writing my essay on my topic, which is the Battle of Gettysburg. When I turned it in, my English and History teachers told me that I did it all wrong, and I didn't write it the way they wanted it to be. It is a very good essay, and I spent hours sitting on the PCtyping it.

The told us that we can "set ourselves up for sucess" by having a postive attitude. It is very hard to do that when your teachers keep telling you that you got it all wrong.

Sorry, needed to let that out.
Divert some of your missiles to their houses?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have had that happen to me few times, especially in HS
Old 01-15-2008, 12:19 PM

is that the same thing like you write a paper and then you have to build this massive project or something like that and then they put it on display. when i was in school they did that kind of thing and i remember how bad that sucked. i feel for ya. wait til you get to college and they tell ya that stuff. lol
Old 01-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

One thing I learned in college was to constantly keep after your professors. I would get their email addresses and keep in contact with them whenever writing a term paper. Just keep in touch, stay after class to speak with them and make sure you're doing it right. Each teacher will have their own preference at how a paper is to be presented, so just take notes on that as well. Its all about pleasing them.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

last year in an english class we had to write a journal every day(5 per week) 3 had to relate to class, 1 had to be some sort of art, and the other could be about anything. i did everything he told us to do.so we turned in our 1st 25 and when i got mine back the teacher wrote a note sayin that if i keep it up i'm gonna fail. well instead of tryin to change wut i was doing i jus gave up right then and there(i dont like writing so that didnt help) i ended up failing that class(turned in 25 out of 75 journals lol) but lookin back i shoulda jus tried to do it right. cuz now im stressed about passing one single class in order to graduate.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Little Doe Peep

It's important to pay close attention to what the teacher wants you to do with a paper.

There are lots of different things you could write about given any particular topic. So you need to follow the theme your teacher gave you.

My biology teacher assigns me topics to present to his class, but we always confer on what he wants me to cover so I don't go off on some area that wouldn't be what he wants his students to learn.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the support guys. They think that this stuff is so easy, but they never even attempt to try it.

And yes, I will divert some of my missles! *Pushes little red button*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.