Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

I'm so P-Oed right now...

Old 01-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I'm so P-Oed right now...

that sucks
Old 01-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

i hate my english teacher he treats us like seniors and im only a sevie. He makes us read 350 page books in 1 month an i absolutlely hate reading. 350 doesnt sound like alot but it is
Old 01-17-2008, 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: sharpshooter19

i hate my english teacher he treats us like seniors and im only a sevie. He makes us read 350 page books in 1 month an i absolutlely hate reading. 350 doesnt sound like alot but it is
Thats roughly 12 pages a day... your not going to get a tear from my eye. In my AP Government and Politics Class we had to read 40-50 pages a night sometimes. Most of the time it was 30-40. Then right a 300 point paper ever 3-4 weeks. Get used to it.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AmateurHunter44857

Thats roughly 12 pages a day... your not going to get a tear from my eye. In my AP Government and Politics Class we had to read 40-50 pages a night sometimes. Most of the time it was 30-40. Then right a 300 point paper ever 3-4 weeks. Get used to it.
All he's doing is preparing you for college. I was reading a 400 page book per week for an entire semester and then writing a paper for each book at the end of each week, and then had to compile that into a larger proposal and then term paper at the end of the semester. A 30 page paper covering 8 books. I was lucky enough to have several teachers in high school prepare me for college writing. So even though you may gripe now, he's just making it easier for you later.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: huntingirl89

All he's doing is preparing you for college. I was reading a 400 page book per week for an entire semester and then writing a paper for each book at the end of each week, and then had to compile that into a larger proposal and then term paper at the end of the semester. A 30 page paper covering 8 books. I was lucky enough to have several teachers in high school prepare me for college writing. So even though you may gripe now, he's just making it easier for you later.
I don't start college until next fall. But I think she's right. I've been doing extra work since 6th grade. It's worth it.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:25 PM

And while were on the topic of edumacation, none of you youngsters EVER give up on school. Always do your best. I know from experience. I didn't graduate high school. I just got my GED results today and passed with super flying colors. All of my teachers have told me i was way to smart to NOT graduate. When things get tough, you have to fight through. I don't want any of you to be in my position. If any of you need some help with classwork let me know ill try to help. My worst subject is Math so don't even bother, but Science, Social Studies, Government, Geography are my strongsuits.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

well since AmateurHunter is offering free tutoring help i might as well to! i graduated but it wasnt easy, i went t the 6 highest testing highschool in the state! and im not quite the brightest in the world! and since AmatuerHunter strugles with math (most common struggle i think) i can help you out. i say i but really i will ask my roommate. he is going to bea math major.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had to do a history day project a couple of years ago, and I did mine on John Lennon. We got an A+, and went to state and lost!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

And while were on the topic of edumacation, none of you youngsters EVER give up on school. Always do your best. I know from experience. I didn't graduate high school. I just got my GED results today and passed with super flying colors. All of my teachers have told me i was way to smart to NOT graduate. When things get tough, you have to fight through. I don't want any of you to be in my position. If any of you need some help with classwork let me know ill try to help. My worst subject is Math so don't even bother, but Science, Social Studies, Government, Geography are my strongsuits.
i would have to agree, im still in highschool(senior) but i kinda gave up in 10th grade, school always came easy for me but i jus never liked doin the work and jus always got bored in school. but since i kinda gave up, now bein a senior i HAVE to pass a couple classes in order to graduate, i wish i wasnt in this situation. i wish i had kept goin strong all throughout school, so then i could slack senior year but now its totally opposite.