Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

STRIKE!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2005, 07:22 PM

Default STRIKE!!!!!!

[]well it looks like im going to have a extra long labor day weekend this year. I just found out our teachers will be striking tuesday september 6. This isnt the first time either this will be the second strike in about 5 yrs. well at least i wont have to set in class every day waiting for the archery season to come in. I guesse i will miss going to machine shop but thats it.Archery should seem to come alot faster than if i was in school. the teachers must want more money or somthing and school will end at like the end of June wich will suck because our summer will be really short. But i wouldnt be suprised if someone throws something at the teachers wile there protesting. If you think a strike is cool because u dont go to school well its not because alot of vacation time is lost and Christmas vac will be like two or three days instead of two weeks. I just wish they would strike during the archery season.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:27 PM

Default RE: STRIKE!!!!!!

Wow! I don't think we've ever had a strike down here. not teacher wise. So you just sit at home and do nothing? Are you in high school? Cuz if you are, how will you get your credits or w/e ya know? The only good things about that are that hopefully they'll pay the teachers more, you won't havta skip for archery season and you don't have to go to school have fun!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:57 PM

That sucks... I am glad I gradded last year... but the teachers in BC are striking too i think
Old 09-02-2005, 08:34 AM

never had a teacher strike here
Old 09-03-2005, 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Cyrena_J

So you just sit at home and do nothing? Are you in high school? Cuz if you are, how will you get your credits or w/e ya know?
Yes im in high school and you could sit around and do nothing but i shoot my bow and other stuff outside. We will get our credits in pa you have to go to school for 180days wich we will have all of them but instead of school ending May 31 it will end like July 31 wich really really SUCKs[&o]
Old 09-03-2005, 09:52 PM

What grade are you in? Just out of curiousity. Hope it ends soon for ya!
Old 09-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

You wont necessarily have to attend 180 days. There was a teacher strike whenI was in 7th or 8th grade, and when the teachers came back, they basically refused to work past the original year end date. School that year ended the same time, the students just got screwed out of about 2 months of class time.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Cyrena_J

What grade are you in? Just out of curiousity. Hope it ends soon for ya!
Im a sophmore or 10th grade what ever you prefer and it is law we have to go to school 180days a year no matter what.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im a sophmore or 10th grade what ever you prefer and it is law we have to go to school 180days a year no matter what.
So what if this strike last long enough that you can't go 180 days without it overlapping into next years term? It happened the year before I started school. In '89 i want to say.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:15 AM

I have never had a strike where i am here but it would be kind of cool i would think [&:][:'(]

Quick Reply: STRIKE!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.