Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

What is your dream hunt?

Old 07-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What is your dream hunt?

What is your dream hunt? My dream hunt is to go to Alaska for a few weeks or so and hunt:
[ul][*]Carribou[*]Moose[*]Bear[*]Maybe Mountain Goat[/ul]
Old 07-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is your dream hunt?

I would like to go out west and do a elk hunt.. That would be pretty awesome
Old 07-20-2005, 08:22 PM

elk and moose!

i might be doing a elk hunt next year!!

i can't wait
Old 07-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would like to either go on and elk hunt or and alaska trip like pse was talking about. i'm gonna apply for the kentucky elk hunt so i can still have a really nice elk hunt and not go broke doing it.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

i would like to either go on and elk hunt or and alaska trip like pse was talking about. i'm gonna apply for the kentucky elk hunt so i can still have a really nice elk hunt and not go broke doing it.
Kentucky elk hunt. Ha! Im sorry but thats funny. If you live out of state you have NO chance what-so-ever. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning thatn drawing a KY elk tag. You know why? Because its rigged! The kydfw only draws 100 trags total. They draw "90 forKY residents and 10 for non-residents". But the truth is they only draw 5 out of state hunts and give another 5 away on Zone 5 quota hunts. Yeah, i have inside info. And btw. Last year we had over 18,000 KY hunters apply and a little over 21,000 out of staters apply. So thats 5 outa 21,000 if your out of state.

Back to the question: Id say a Coastal Grizzly bear bowhunt. That would be great.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: psebwhntr16

you have NO chance what-so-ever.

You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning thatn drawing a KY elk tag.
did someone hear something.... i think homer simpson said it best when he said"thanks for shartering my dreams into shards of broken dreams"

but considering like 3 people got struck by lighting in central florida alone i might have a chance.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

pm sent hunter. I didnt mean to ruin your day but I thought it could save you the $10. Wait about 5 or 6 years and you will have a better chance. Plus you have to pay like 25o bucks to buy your out of state license if you are drawn and find a zone to hunt that has bulls. (if you draw a bull tag that is!)
Old 07-20-2005, 11:17 PM

Arkansas Duck Hunt.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt Elk almost every year. So that isn't to exciting.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

About the KY elk tag thingy I am thinking about getting it and if i dont get drawn for it I might go to a county where it is LEGAL for a deer hunter to take the Elk and try a lil elk hunting. May be like looking for a needle in the hay stack but it would be fun..

Quick Reply: What is your dream hunt?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.