Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

is every one one here big game hunters.

Old 07-17-2005, 10:57 AM

Default is every one one here big game hunters.

What about small game. I love huntingrabbits than anything, andsquirrles are a close second. For oneI am a hounds men. I do hunt deer but all you do it sit and hope then aim and shoot. I like to get up and stock and animal.I use a 410 that i can shoot 40 yards and kill game but i am usually 20 yards away, and talk about a good food. Fried rabbit squirrel with mash potatoes, gravy, and biscuts.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:26 PM

Default RE: is every one one here big game hunters.

umm....yea....i hunt partridge which is brid and white tail rabbits!
Old 07-17-2005, 03:38 PM

I love to hunt and eat squirrel. i killed 32 last season i like to rabit hunt but i dont like the meat. I like to shoot doves aswell. But... I'd much rather hunt deer!
Old 07-17-2005, 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: little boone

What about small game. I love huntingrabbits than anything, andsquirrles are a close second. For oneI am a hounds men. I do hunt deer but all you do it sit and hope then aim and shoot. I like to get up and stock and animal.I use a 410 that i can shoot 40 yards and kill game but i am usually 20 yards away, and talk about a good food. Fried rabbit squirrel with mash potatoes, gravy, and biscuts.
You've obviously never been on a good whitetail hunt then, or any good big game hunt for that matter. There is so much more to it than just sitting, waiting, aiming, and shooting. Sure, the majority of whitetail hunters hunt from stands or ground blinds, but they spend countless hours scouting and researching their land before and after the season opens. If you can tell me that you get the same rush shooting rabbits and squirells as you do when that big whitetail buck walks under a stand you placed yourself right before dusk, I'll eat my favorite hunting hat. If you get the same rush hunting rabbits and squirells as you do when you have an elk bugle in your face at 10 yards, I'll give up hunting all together. Don't get me wrong, I have fun hunting rabbits and other small game, but nothing, and I do mean nothing beats a good big game hunt.

So to answer your question, yes, I am a big game hunter and yes, I do hunt small game when I get bored or there isn't a big game season open.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

hunting rabbit behind a beagle hound is a fun thing to do and rabbit is a very tasty meal but nothing compares to the rush of shooting that deer you have been scouting all year long and finally have him and make that shot. i think i get more of a rush bow hunting deer than gun hunting just because with bow the deer just has to be so much closer and when he comes in and you make the shot there is no other feeling that compares to that.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:21 PM

Dan has it right
Old 07-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

So whats for breakfast? Squirell. mmmm....squirell!
Old 07-17-2005, 05:05 PM

Please do not lable me. For one thing school comes first so i can only hunt after school and weekends plus maybe a day or two off. My dad is one of the hardest workers i have ever seen. He is usually gone around 14 hours a day.I live in western ohio so i dont have all the land you have out there, but the deer here are grain feed and can kick all others deers butts when it comes to size and especially taste. I do know what it is like to have the rush and it is better. Ive had a 12 point250 pound buck in my sights an dafter firing he croosed the road. WE drove to the road but seen no blood. 10 days later we found himdead. I have stalked driven called and waited for deer. Its fun but i would rather hunt small game with big game every once in a while. But tell me this if you hunt with dogs. Would u rather kill a big animal or to watch your dog that you raised as a puprun its first rabbit back to you to get kill. Me i would rather watch my pup work. Trust me. I know what im talking about. Im not some little kid. Im just saying try some small game. Besides a good hunter knows that small game will take food form larger game. Well in small woods. Its a dying sport. Most people like big game. I dont like taking alot of time for one animal. I go in to a woods and get 4 squirrels in 2 hours in the right condition. And yes i do have patients.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:08 PM

glad people have opions. didnt mean to sound mean. Ive posted stuff on other fourmsto support hunting and they act like its a joke. Glad i found some hunters
Old 07-17-2005, 05:29 PM

First off, no one was labeling anyone, I've got no idea where you got that idea from. Secondly, don't put words in my [or anyone else here's] mouth. No one called you a little kid. No one said you weren't a hunter. No one said small game hunting wasn't sporting.

Yes, I have a dog. Yes, I raised him [and trained him myself] from a pup. Yes, I enjoy watching him work a field for pheasants or a lake, pond, or river for ducks and geese. Just because I enjoy hunting big game more than I do rabbits doesn't mean I don't also enjoy other aspects of our sport.

I'm 17, not only do I go to school full time I work part time too. My days are taken up with school and my evenings are taken with work. I get to hunt on the weekends and a week that I take off every year specifically for big game hunting. I don't have all the time in the world to hunt, I enjoy it when I can, and I would much rather spend what time I do get chasing something that will fill my freezer for a solid month or two rather than something that's going to fill a plate for an evening.

First impressions are everything, and so far you haven't made a very good one with me.

Quick Reply: is every one one here big game hunters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.