Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

I saved a fawn from drownding... Story inside.

Old 05-22-2005, 10:43 AM

Default I saved a fawn from drownding... Story inside.

I was out golfing yesterday may 21 and i was on a hole that boardered a creek. Well i heard a deer bleating like crazy so i walked over to the creek and there was a whitetail fawn standing in the creek, he was about 2 days old and the mother was no where to be found. The creek was pretty deep about 10" and he was kinda drifting a little bit downstream where it gets deeper, i couldn't even stand to watch i went farther down stream and jumped in golf shoes and all. This little guy swam right up to me and i pick him up, and he just laid in my arms. I crawled up the creek bank and found a spot in the weeds about 100 feet from the creek and set him there, he just kinda looked at me and laid down like he was waiting for his mom. Well to make a long story short i live right on the golf course and when i got home i got out the bino's and could see the fawn. After about oan hour of watching him the mom showed up and laid down with it. I was the happiest person alive. I just thought i would share my story with you all. Hope you like it. I also forgot my camera phone in my truck so i dont have any pictures I wish i had some pictures though.

Take that PETA. You surely wont be using this story on your website will you.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I saved a fawn from drownding... Story inside.

Wow that is awesome. Good for you.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah that was very cool of you to do such a thing. And i agree, I don't think PETA is going to be happy that hunter aren't the cold blooded heartless people they tend to sterotype
Old 05-22-2005, 06:07 PM

Wow-thats a great story! Your my hero! So glad everything turned out good for the little guy and I know you are one happy fella too.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:49 PM

Thanks guys i thought what i did was awesome, i still have a smile on my face i actually got to watch him again last night from my house he walked out on the golf course with his mom and they just kind of walked around for a little while and then went back into the weeds and laid down..
Old 05-24-2005, 01:18 PM

Thats awesome. Its great to show ppl that hunters are not heartless killers. I even took on a new level of compassion for me yesterday...I stopped and got a turtle off the road. lol
Old 05-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

Man awsome story and glad everything turned out all right. I almost broke out in tears.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NewbHunter

Man awsome story and glad everything turned out all right. I almost broke out in tears.
i have a word for men like you... but Red Hawk would put stars over it and tell me i was naughty... so i'll just stick my tongue out at you
Old 05-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingirl89

ORIGINAL: NewbHunter

i have a word for men like you... but Red Hawk would put stars over it and tell me i was naughty... so i'll just stick my tongue out at you
[&:]
Old 05-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool story...That is awesome!

Quick Reply: I saved a fawn from drownding... Story inside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.