Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

what do you think?

Old 05-17-2005, 08:13 PM

Default what do you think?

I know alot of yall on here are are firefighters so i thought i would ask everyone what they thought. My boyfriend has been a firefighter for about 4 years. we have been going out for like 8 months and in the past month or so he's been trying to convince me to join. he says i would be a good firefighter because im small short person but im stronger than most of the guys i know. just wanted to see if yall think i should join him or not?
Old 05-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what do you think?

If you think you can it then you definetly should try. As for my answer to your question. Yes definetly but do it because you want to, not for anyone else
Old 05-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

go for it, you never know, you might love the job, or you might hate it, its worth a shot though.

Chic
Old 05-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

why not try it. if you like it continue it. if you don't well you have another experience you can say that you've done. but of course it's all up to you and what you want to do.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:49 PM

id do it, ive heard u get paid while sleeping on the job lol
Old 05-18-2005, 06:04 PM

it really depends on how you feel about it. if you think its something you can do and would enjoy then i would do it. but dont do it for someone else.

just my opinion

good luck!
Old 05-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sure Shot 2009

id do it, ive heard u get paid while sleeping on the job lol
i take offense to that... i get very little sleep... i'm afraid of the dark

as for joining, it should really be something that you want to do. its a real dedication and its not for everybody especially if its a volley company. a lot of hours go into training and some of the calls can be tough to deal with depending on your area. what we do has nothing to do with glory or bravery, its a job. research the company a little more. if you're under 18 years or just over, they usually take you on a probationary basis which means you are a truck washer lol. you can't respond to fire scenes and you get to be ratted on and called rookie lol. if you're willing to stick it out then i think you'll have fun. i'm just warning you men are a TOUGH bunch to live with. whatever they give you, you have to give it back 10-fold. if you don't they'll never take you seriously. they feel like women are invading their 'guy time' so you have to be one of the guys. a lot of the time in paid companies its frowned upon that two people in the same company be dating because one person usually clings to the other person and shows favoritism over the other boys. you really can't do that because it really is a brotherhood, sisterhood, whateverhood... everybody looking out for eachother... not boyfriend protecting girlfriend or visa versa.

above all else, have fun and give 'em hell.