Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

minerals

Old 03-01-2002, 12:49 PM

Default minerals

hey there farm hunter want to pick your brain we started useing cutting edge from w.t.institute hopeing togain antler growth and now learning that it is there 3006 desinged for antler growth. what is your experience? do you use both and if so how much?as i'm confused. with cutting edge i can not keep up with demand do you mix with corn??to stretch it out?looking for in the feild experienced advice.
looking foward hearing from you BIG DICK

ps. i'm in up state ny. with 400acers
Old 03-01-2002, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: minerals

We tried both, the 30 06 was preffered by out herd. The cutting edge is too expensive and I do not think the deer preferred it. We still use 30 06 some, but use an Agway Mineral Mix http://www.huntingbbs.com/forum/topi...eer+Management

This mix lets you add salt or take it away if not needed to draw the deer in.

I think too much is said about minerals for deer, we use them because they are inexpensive, and may help, but we cannot point to any one thing and say "it was because of the minerals"

Thanks for asking.

Old 03-01-2002, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

The Cutting Edge product may be mixed with corn and a little powdered molassas to make it stick. The Cutting Edge products are intended for a year round supplement. The 30-06 is more for the antler growing/green up season and is usually not used much after late August.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:03 PM
Spike

BD,

Drop me an email and I will share a home made misture that works pretty well, but I am like Farmhunter, I can't really put my finger on any particular improvement. But my sights get well used from green up through to early fall with some light continued used through the winter.

email me at [email protected] and identify yourself and let me know that you want the mineral article.