Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

SEK Bowhunting Plot

Old 09-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: SEK Bowhunting Plot

Blood Trail take the time to read why before you post. You either missed the issue by scanning the posts and not reading carefully or you don't give a damn about poachers. Which is it? He himself claimed in his own words he'd been fortunate to "stick a few wallhangers the last two seasons". Kansas is a 1 buck state for all weaponry. That's the debate. I never outright called the kid a poacher but his self written claim brings up the issue. Simply stating later in a subsequent post that Missouri is where he killed a few more when he already hunts on secluded private family land is a convenient excuse many use in eastern Kansas. I hunt SEK too and this is a big issue in the area. Even Outdoor Life had an article a few years ago on the rampant poaching in the area being tharted by one young steadfast F&G officer. The kid claims he's clean so that's where it lies. What else can we do on the internet than to type our thoughts freely to confront the possible problem? Sure I know I called him out on this but for good reason because poachers rarely take low quality animals. That means more and better deer survive for legal hunters. If more of us would take a stand when we suspect law breakers then maybe a higher percentage of those people will stay within the law in the future. I'll take those odds anytime and if you still have a problem with my posts then you're part of the problem.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:21 AM

Soonershtr,

I did read the post. Did you read mine? You are beating the guy over the casual word "few". We all hate poachers...no soapbox needed here.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Old 09-20-2004, 03:23 PM

Sooner, Read my post again. Open your eyes....you can do this. All I am saying...again is he casually mentions "FEW" and you jump to the poacher war cry.

The guy is trying to share his wildlife management plot with us and you are on the warpath. This type of critical knit picking prevents people from sharing. You cant prove he is a poacher - so let it go. I think you may have had a "FEW" too many!
Old 09-20-2004, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Old 09-20-2004, 05:29 PM

Quit hijacking my thread

if you want to have a meaningful discussion concerning poaching, fine. i would ask that you please start a thread concerning this issue.

to continue posting comments calling me a poacher and a liar is unfair and unethical.

i have tried to answer your questions as best i could, and yet you continue to post replies that assert i was not truthful.. what else can i say?

what i find very interesting is you "bust my chops" about hunting in two states, yet you are from oklahoma and you hunt in s.e. kansas --- where's the diffence?

i have two good high school friends who now work for KDWP and would be excellent references concerning my hunting ethics if i felt i needed to be defended (which i don't)..

soonershooter, please don't reply to this thread anymore. i have nothing to hide as i've stated all along, but you have persisted. if you still have issues, pm me!

9/8/04 RE: SEK Bowhunting Plot (in reply to soonershooter)

NO CO baby!
NO is how the state abbreviates counties. NO CO = Neosho County

THERE'S NOTHING TO HIDE..............END OF DISCUSSION
Old 09-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

strmchzr,
It's cool. NO CO sounded like No County. Do people my age 43 and older call it that? No one even in my family around the area dating back to the Dalton raid in Coffeyville calls the counties by the state's abreviation. If that's what you do over in Neosho county then please accept my embarrassing apologies and I don't mind to admit when I'm wrong. It seemed you were being weirdly secretive about "NO CO" when I tried to exchange pleasantries. I wasn't trying to pin you down to your farm and thought you were slamming me for asking your county and unit number. That's what I get for A-S-S-U-M-I-N-G. I hunt my grandmother's place and there's lots of poaching problems around the state line around Coffeyville. I also hunt in the open society of over the counter states Oklahoma where you can legally kill 3 bucks with each of which with a bow, MZ, and rifles. I have a lifetime resident hunting license from when I used to live in KS and I hunt both states annually. Again, I'm sorry but grandma sees lots of headlights around shining late at night into the pastures. You can see now your "NO CO" was easily misinterpreted. It seems you even didn't realize my mistake after our first few posts until your last message. Please accept my apology as I came down on you without cause. I hate poachers and the stealing they do from all of us after I find about two carcasses a year on our place and I was out of line after I read you had a "few wallhangers in two years". Good luck on all your hunts.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

StrmChzr -

I've stayed out of the post because I tend to avoid controversey - as it seems many others here have as well.

I will say this - You have a high level of dedication, and the work you and you freinds have done is considerable. I'm sure you have a real decent deer herd in SEK, especially if its "family land" - and I'm sure you treat your herd with the respect it deserves - If not - Then you should!

My only negative comment regarding your setup - would be the treestand. I could see if you were limited in your abilities - that a stand like that might make things a little easier - But even though you might be able to harvest a couple deer from that type of set up - I think it likely hinders your chances - they way it sticks out. I would really consider a lower profile ladder stand, or less conspicuous stand in the future.

Thanks for posting the pictures -

FH