Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

My Hunting Property

Old 08-09-2004, 09:43 AM

Default RE: My Hunting Property

Dan O. Those are absolutely incredible photos. The diversity of your land is amazing. I have two questions. How much acreage are you working with and what are all the types of game you hunt? Thanks for sharing the great pics.
Antler Addict
Old 08-09-2004, 12:12 PM

Beautiful country! How many acre are there? It looks pretty big.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

The whole property is 98.72 acres. It runs along the county road in the foreground to where you see my old road break off from the main road and runs back to an unopened road allowance (passable) at the back. All of the wooded area in the foreground and to the left is an outdoor education center (no hunting), including the open field in the forground. There is actually another 1 x 1 1/2 mile lake right at the bottom of the picture. A 95 acre farm is in between my property and the road that runs up and down the page. The back of that farm is the road allowance. To the right of my property is a large wildlife management area. Species present include deer, black bear, turkey, grouse, rabbit, wolf, bobcat, beaver, assorted geese, and ducks with pike, largemouth bass, perch and pickerel in the river. Lake Huron is 2 miles to the left and Georgian Bay is 5 miles to the right (Salmon, trout etc.) Sauble beach is 10 minutes south.

I tend to concentrate on deer but the bucks are murder to get out during the day. They use the wetland as an impenetrable sanctuary. This week I hope to get back into the little lake on the upper right side. The water level is down and I might be able to get to a lake that no one else can get to. The bass should kick *ss.

Dan O.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

The area within the black lines (runs off page) is the property.

Old 08-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

How much money is it per acre in your neck of the woods?
Old 08-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

Great photos, thanks for sharing. I know from personal experience the more time and effort you put in, the more you become "connected" with the property and really enjoy each and every piece it has to offer.

Nice property!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dan O does it need to be plowed, have you tried chisel plowing it, less stress on the plowsand still work the ground ..Nice place how far North of the border are you and what part of U.S. is directly below you..
Old 08-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turkey fan; For unimproved land/pasture it would be around $750 U.S. per acre in my area. It drops if you head further north. My property is actually 2 buiding lots with hydro, septic, well, a barn and a house basement.

Old 08-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan - I'm Jealous!

There is nothing like the northern fauna. Thanks for showing, I've often wondered what your area looked like, its even more north-like than I imagined.

I still cannot believe you can grow Permissons there - How is that? Do you think I could grow them here in Central NY? Your tree posts have intrigued me, and helped to encourage the replanting of much of our old farm.

Are "pickerel" for you "Walleyes'" to me?

- Sean
Old 08-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Have you planted the Sawtooths yet? Which field are/will they be in? Have you found any growing in your part of the country?

Quick Reply: My Hunting Property

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.