Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Tell me what to do where!!!!

Old 10-06-2022, 10:15 AM
Spike

Default Tell me what to do where!!!!

I am planting a place tomorrow that I acquired at the last minute this year so I am going to use what I have left so was wanting input on what everyone thinks should go where and with what. The place is in Demopolis Al. on the river. There are actually 2 plots. the 1st plot is up on the high ground I'll call it. It is about 1/2 acre and shaped like an L. 1 leg is shaded about 60% of the time and the other leg gets sun 90% of the day. The ground is high and water drains off well. The other spot is a powerline that is 1.5 acres (about 400 yards long) and stays very moist once it rains some but obviously gets a good bit of sun. I will list below what I have left to plant so any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance Dale

50#- Rye
50#- Oats
50#- Wheat
30# Australian winter peas
8#- Rape
8#- Purple top turnips
​​​​​​​8#- Ladino White clover
​​​​​​​8#- Crimson clover
​​​​​​​8#- Daikon Radish
Old 10-25-2022, 05:45 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by dacker
I am planting a place tomorrow that I acquired at the last minute this year so I am going to use what I have left so was wanting input on what everyone thinks should go where and with what. The place is in Demopolis Al. on the river. There are actually 2 plots. the 1st plot is up on the high ground I'll call it. It is about 1/2 acre and shaped like an L. 1 leg is shaded about 60% of the time and the other leg gets sun 90% of the day. The ground is high and water drains off well. The other spot is a powerline that is 1.5 acres (about 400 yards long) and stays very moist once it rains some but obviously gets a good bit of sun. I will list below what I have left to plant so any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance Dale

50#- Rye
50#- Oats
50#- Wheat
30# Australian winter peas
8#- Rape
8#- Purple top turnips
8#- Ladino White clover
​​​​​​​8#- Crimson clover
​​​​​​​8#- Daikon Radish

the clovers will do good in the moist areas. The oats and rye will not like standing water. Knowing the area I would probably mix it all together and cover both areas

thanks

​​​​​​​buck