Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Gophers

Old 03-27-2007, 08:26 PM

Default RE: Gophers

Chewing gum or bubble gum? Bazzooka Joe brand? I may have to try that. I hate them little guys a bunch.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TROPHYHUNTER25

WELL OVER HERE IN INDIANA I DON'T THINK WE HAVE POCKET GOPHERS BUT FOR GROUND HOGS WE USE WHAT I LIKE TO CALL..... HILLBILLY NAPALM. MIX SOME USED MOTOR OIL, DIESEL, AND GASOLINE. NOT A LOT OF GAS. THE MIXTURE SHOULD BE THICK ENOUGH WHERE THE GAS AND DIESEL FLOAT DOWN THE HOLE ON TOP OF THE OIL. THEN LIGHT IT AND FEEL THE RUMBLE. THE DIESEL AND OIL WILL BURN REALLY HOT. BUT IF THERE'S NOT ENOUGH OXYGEN IN THE HOLE THE FIRE WILL GO OUT.
Hillbilly Napalm..........LOL I am tempted to try this one, but fear blowing myself up. I am however considering offering fully guided hunts for the little buggers. All you can kill for one unbelievablly low price. I hear they taste just like chicken!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well folks the first battle is over. It only took mea few days to discover that the traps I was using (The Black Hole) were not working too well. I did manage to catch one that was as big as a hampster, but most of the time the buggers just filled the trap with dirt and got away. It was at this time that I opted to go with chemical warfare. A handy little product called The Gopher Gasser by Dexol. They are about as big as a large cigar with a 5 second fuse. The active ingredients are sulpher and potasiumnitrate. Just light it, throw it in the hole and plug it. After that I level their mounds so I can tell if there are any survivors. So far after four days there are no known survivors.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:15 AM

sweet should have tried my recipe