Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Cabelas/Moultrie 4.1 mp outfitter Cam ???

Old 09-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cabelas/Moultrie 4.1 mp outfitter Cam ???

Looking at the Cabelas 4.1 game camera, its made by Moultrie. Does anyone have any experience with this camera ? Thanks Steve
Old 09-20-2006, 04:38 PM

Default RE: Cabelas/Moultrie 4.1 mp outfitter Cam ???

i dont have the 4.1 but i do have the moultrie 2.1 and i really like it
Old 09-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

I have one....

First, there was no manual in the one I purchased from Cabelas. Called Moultrie, they said to download the manual for the 2.0 MP, it is similar but just a little different....

Second, it truely is only a 3.1 MP camera but can be enhanced to a 4.1 with the use of software.

Third,this thing goes through batteries (6V). Maybe I have a setting incorrect but I put mine up in July and it seems everytime I go to the camera (about every 10 days) that the battery has drained and it needs replaced. I changed from high res to lower res, I changed the time interval, I bought a moultrie re-chargable battery - but it wont power it up, I added a SD card thinking that might help, but everything I do, it still goes through the batteries. Like I said it is a battery hog.... but would like to know if anyone knows what to change to assist this.

Now, I do have to say, when it does take pics, they are usually very good pics.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a couple of them a few weeks ago. I didnt notice until I went to put them out that they were different from each other. One had a clear blank LCD screen and an dianostic button and the other had little compartments and tiltles sorta like taped over the LCD, mind you they are both Cabela 4.1's.

It appears that there is a newer version, which one I do not know but the one with the "blank" LCD screen by far is the better and simpler to operate of the 2.

It took appx 500 pics in 4 days and the battery(a 4.5ah rechargable) still showed 85% charged. The other one took about the same with the same type battery and was just about dead. I dont know why?

I tried charging the battery but to no avail so I returned the charger,battery and camera ( the one with the marked LCD screen) back to Cabela's without a hitch. On the down side though they were out of the 4.1's so I will have to wait to replace it.

I did get the solar panels to recharge the batteries and when I checked the one camera that is out taking pics the battery meter showed 99% charged.

Here are a few pictures to show the quality of the picture.

First one is a daylight pic.....

An early moring pic with flash, the camera is facing the sunrise.....

A picture in the dark with flash.....

Hope this gives you some insight......
Old 09-21-2006, 08:46 PM

nice hogs and deer if i may mention but i was wonderin ir you had a pikof the camera and the solar panel cause i was wonderin how you would hook it up....im planning on getting the moultrie 2.1 mp and i wanted to get a rechageable batery and a solar panel for it also ...do any of yall use this scouting camera and if yall do is it good?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Very nice pictures!
Old 10-07-2006, 05:47 AM

guys i work for a company and we sell the moultrie wholsale. buy the 3.1mp and it already has a pin for a solar charger, and go ahead and buy two memory cards to change out so you always have one card in the camera.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:03 AM

With this camera having a flash do yall worry that each tiem a animal walks by and sees the flash that eventually they will spook to offten and stay away?
Old 10-19-2006, 09:23 PM

on my 2.1 the batteries alst about 3 weeks....I now have a rechargable and a solar charger and everytime ive checked it sicne it shows full charge..... i just ran the wires for the solar charger through the camera door/cover..it closed.yes it puts a crink in it but not even close to cutting the wire.the 2.1 with a 256MB sd card will hold 1730 pics on standard resolution
Old 10-20-2006, 06:29 AM

Love the hog pictures.