Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Food Plot Update

Old 08-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Food Plot Update

Well, looks like it's time to update again. Alot has been happening since the last post. I'm still homeless and jobless, though I got my financial aid turned in to school. I'll be up in Springfield, MO for most of the remainder of the year with weekend visits home or if there's a break, such as the upcoming Labor Day weekend. School starts next Friday so I'm looking forward to that.

Anyways, enough of the personal life and on to stuff that matters. Last weekend Matt came over and we rigged up a way to water the food plot. We ran about 250yds worth of small PVC pipe off of our house all the way out to the food plot. We have been running a sprinkler out there to keep it watered (though it's rained quite a bit the past few days--I'm glad, it's cheaper on mom and dad's water bill that way.)

Also, we (Matt and I) set up gamecams today. I put out my old Stealthcam Wal-Mart job. It's worked for me in the past but I'm not sure the sensor is working correctly anymore. I've gotten two seasons worths out of it so I'm not complaining (for $60 who can?) Matt brought over a Trail-Timer that was given to him. Hopefully soon I can post deer pics on this journal. Of course, if the bucks are too monstrous I'll only be only to post the doe pictures.

The plot is looking good. It's getting green. We have a little spot where no growth is happening out there, so today we planted it with some more "sample packs" of the special Imperial stuff.

Anyways, enough yacking, onto the pictures.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Food Plot Update

Fro, looking good and I mean the plant growth...so far it looks like grass's...is that correct?
Old 08-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Food Plot Update

It's actually winter wheat and oats.

We also put out two sample packs each of all of the free stuff you can get from Imperial. It's on the other side of the feeder though you can't see it.

In the pic I posted you can see the stands, gamecam, greens, feeder, sprinkler, winch system, and a peanut butter cap.

Everything's in it...look closely.