Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Plot Master

Old 07-29-2005, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default Plot Master

Has anyone used the plotmaster or any thing similar? I'm curious to hear if they work.
Thanks
Old 07-29-2005, 05:38 AM

Default RE: Plot Master

I bought a Plotmaster 2 years ago and it is AWESOME. I have the 4 foot electric model. It is a very rugged piece of equipment and I really put it to the test on my property and I can't imagine those "other" devises being able to do what I needed to do. The electric up and down is a very nice feature. The plotmaster weighs around 600 pounds, which is what you need if you are plowing unbroken ground. I would suggest using an ATV of 600cc or greater, as the unit bogs down if you are plowing deep. I have a 500cc and it does very good for 90% of the time. The other 10% I wish I had a 700cc. If you decide you want to get one, let me know and I'll hook you up with the right guy and the right price. I have absolutly no connection with the company or any other parties associated with them. Hope this is helpful.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:01 PM

I was curious about the plotmaster too. Is it true from my understanding that it does everything in one pass, plow, plant seed, pack etc???

How does that actually work and does it do a good job...also if you don't mind me asking how much did that unit cost the 4 foot electric??
Old 07-29-2005, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Bagem,

Thanks, that's great information . The local Gander Mtn has a used one for sale, it looks brand new, and the price seems right. I have the same question as SalCucco.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:44 AM

The name I hear the most is plot disaster. Really if you are planting an acre or less or don't have a job and can keep going over the same spots over and over and over and over.....then it is probably something to consider. No probably not because if you have an acre or less do you really want to spend $3000 on a "tool" to plant that acre and if you don't have a job can you justify the $3000.

Really not much to it from what I've seen and heard.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:40 PM

First, forget about the "one pass" idea for any implement. That might work if you are on a plot that has been well established and you just need to work some seed in on an already prepared seed bed. I started with 15 year-old, heavily thatched prairie grass. You will make many, many passes with ANY device to prep that type of terrain for planting. I suggest the plotmaster because it has the weight you need to really get deep and turn over the soil. The going rate is $3000. They modified the unit a year ago, so if you are looking at a used one, make sure it is the "new" model. The way you tell is the new model has a wider stance between the wheels than the original model. They did this because the original one rocked side to side a little too much. The new model has wheels attached to a square tube that slides into another square tube and held in place by 2 bolts. In other words, the wheels are removable, but remain attached to about a 1 foot long piece of square tubing. Hope I haven't confused you. Any new model being sold would almost certainly be a "new" model, as they quit making the original model a year or more ago. The electric motor is also improved on the new model to make it a little faster to raise and lower the unit.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a little "cheap advertising" for the plotmaster to me. I personally haven't heard one person come forward in 3 years that was able to say theycouldplant a productive plot on "normal" soils with that contraption.

I don't like to be accusatory - but showus the pictures - show us the progess of the plot and how well it worked. Otherwise don't waste our time.

FH
Old 07-31-2005, 10:02 PM

Wow !! I feel like I've been blindsided. I'm new to this forum, so I don't know anyone yet, but I'm sure I just met a member with an attitude. Where do you get off on that type of response? I was just answering a genuine inquiry about a piece of equipment that I've become very familiar with the past few years. I don't advertise for anyone. I will however post a few pics just so you can eat your unkind words and to help those who have serious inquiries about this piece of equipment. The first photo is just prior to seeding on June 8, 2004.

Old 07-31-2005, 10:06 PM

Again on August 20, 2004
Biologic Premium Perennial

Old 08-01-2005, 03:50 AM
Fork Horn

Again, Thanks. You have answered the questions I had.

Quick Reply: Plot Master

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.