Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Limb saver for rifle barrels

Old 05-15-2005, 08:23 PM

Default RE: Limb saver for rifle barrels

I used to finance huntin' trips by tunin' up beaters and resellin' 'em. If I had a $20 method of accurizin' a rifle back then I would have been huntin' in Africa instead of some other state. [8D]
Old 05-16-2005, 07:08 PM

You do make a vallid point, nothing works better than a properly sighted in, and clean gun!
Old 05-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

have one, you can call it ugly, you can call it a gimmick, you can call it anything you want. For those who bash without trying you are not as smart as you think you are...

It works took my Sako 7mm STW loaded with 160 gr Nosler Accubond from just over an inch to +/- half inch. Every group I shot had 2 bullets touching. It is simply awesome. For the $20 bucks it cost it was more than worth it!!
My My so much anger over someone's opinion. How thin skinned we have become. BTW I am very familiar with a 7 STW in a Sako 75. There is another poster here named Bigcountry who now owns the rifle and he gets under an inch with factory ammo. Maybe you need to work on your load development or just use factory ammo.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:52 PM

Thin skinned maybe. Never claimed to be a great shot. The only thing I claimed was it worked for me.... And for twenty bucks no matter what it looks like why wouldn't you. It beats the hell out of hundreds of dollars of ammo becoming a better shot the old fasion way, not to mention the time it may take to do it. Most good shots don't come without lots of practice, of which I personally don't have enough time for. So for $20 it makes me a better shot, ugly or not. Problem solved.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will admit it does not look the greatest but if it help me be alittle more consistent....OK. I wanted to put a muzzle break on my .338 but I decided I did not want to alter the the gun..so this might work for me.