Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I would like to know!

Old 05-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I would like to know!

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy

No actually what you said is this...
Thank You for proving me wrong, and proving my point!!!!! YOU ARE GOD, I BOW TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!![:'(][:'(] ..............loser
Old 05-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mossy,

If you are not comforatable being proven wrong in a public forum perhaps you should consider why you are posting in this forum. You must come to cope with the reality that you may not always be right .The fact that you reduced yourself to name calling over this matter is laughable.

I might also remind you to read the forum rules as your previous post is unquestionably in violation of them.

Forum rule 8..
Do not engage in "flame-wars" or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to "pick a fight."
I would also like to personally apologize to the other members of this forum that this topic has already gotten as far off the subject as it has.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, you have not only proven my point of "getting off" on proving people wrong, you have also proven my point that you have nothing better to do than sit on your high horse, by quoting rules..........Im done with you, go play with someone else[:'(]
Old 05-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you Mossy, now we can get back to the point at hand....

Understand that a fetus at the stage we were discussing 60-90 days, will have the appearence of a developing fawn to the naked eye. There would be no need for any microscope etc. The picture below shows what the smallest fetus would look like (56 days). Over the next 30 days the fetus would grow exponentially reaching almost 7 inches in length.

Old 05-12-2005, 08:58 PM

Cool pic. If they only kept those proportions I would take more headshots..
Old 05-13-2005, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

mossy, if you had included more detail into the statement you made, this whole thing could've been avoided. soo, in retrospect, it is noones fault but your own
Old 05-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

cool pic
Old 05-14-2005, 05:14 PM

If you shoot a doe after the rut, chances are she's pregnant. A buddy of mine in high school killed a doe in early December and actually found a fetus that was about an inch long... She was most likely bred in October during the pre-rut.

We have a high doe-buck ratio, so the odds are that she is carrying a female fawn.
Grizz, in a high doe-buck ratio (more does than bucks), there are more does that conceive late during their cycle since the bucks can't "service" them as soon as they'd like. According to studies, buck fawns are more often conceived when the doe is late in her cycle and therefore, buck fawns are more likely to be conceived when the mother is bred late in her cycle. It's mother nature's way of attempting to balance out the buck-to-doe ratio.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I know what you are saying JimboHunter1. I do think that our rut probably starts later than your's in MD. I guess I might have to rethink when I shoot a doe, and try to take one or two earlier in the season. But then the question becomes would the doe that I took have been bred later in the season if she wasn't already bred.