Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pic of my sons first deer!

Old 04-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pic of my sons first deer!

thats a good buck for any hunter, congrats to you both.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bet you had to go buy yourself a new shirt after that with your chest swelled up so big. I know thats how I felt last year with my 12 year old girl when she got hers on our first hunt together. It was a youth hunt also. I look forwrad to the youth hunt days more than any other hunting day.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:22 AM

thats a great buck. I dont think a youth season is bad. We have one here as well. It does go through part of early archery season though.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

DannyD- I thought man what a deer and I had him hunting in the spot I was going to hunt for regular firearms season the next week and I know there was a nice buck in there but I well tell you I would have LOVED to have a chance at him but it was better seeing make a clean kill and the look he had after the shot and the look on my sons face when he walked up to the deer and my face also. I made him try and gut the deer and clean it out because that is just another part of the hunt that he needs to learn he couldn't do it all himself but he done a pretty good job of cleaning it. The only thing he could have helped out a little more was helping dear ol' dad drag that deer out of the woods he did help but he couldn't do it on his own. I and I am sure he would have been just as happy if he would have taken a doe it doesn't have to have big horns to be a trophy!!. He did miss a doe during regular firearms season but he was using a 20ga with a slug and the deer was too far off. I have since bought him his own .243.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:01 AM
Fork Horn

thats cool nice deer
Old 04-15-2005, 07:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Very nice buck. Congrates to him.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:53 AM

BC, congrats to you little man.

I couldn't agree more that youth hunts are great for the sport. The number of new hunters has been on a decline for many years and anything we can do to get youth involed in the sport should be exploited to the fullest.

If you get a chance to measure the G-2's I'd love to know what they score.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

The g2 on the right side is just over 13" long and on the left it is 12 1/4" long. It didn't have nothing but a tape measurer so I am sure the numbers are close but not exact.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a great deer....congrats to the both of you!!
Old 04-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great Deer! Congrats. I'm pumped for both of ya'!

Quick Reply: Pic of my sons first deer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.