Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What Would U have Done ???

Old 03-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Would U have Done ???

I think you did the right thing by leaving her be. That's what I would have done. It is kinda sad to see but deer can survive through some amazing things.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Im glad you all think I did the right thing, if I would have killed her, I would have probably had the Game Wardens on my arse, and although I think that she is dead, it is how things wouyld have worked even if I wouldnt have been there. I got it out of the fence, so there is a greater chance that it is alive now then there was. Nature will get things worked out, it may have been a meal for coyotes, but thats how the story goes sometimes. I do not live close to my family ground, so unfortunatly, I am not able to go and see what happened, if it was still alive. Hopefully she made it, but who knows...
Old 03-16-2005, 05:51 PM

You did the right thing, they can get along on 3 legs easy. We have a doe
on our property that has been shot in the front leg, so she is lame on that leg, but she stays there and has gotten use to us. We can drive by her and all she does is lift her head up and look at us. She has a baby with her, and the baby isn't scared of us either. She has been staying on our property for 3 years now.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:27 PM

Well, as we all know there are all sorts of 4 legged critters that survive with only 3 legs. Odds are she only collapsed from exaustion she had proally been in the fence for a while and lacks of food and sleep. I bet she is just fine.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree you did the right thing.If she lives great,if not others have to eat too.The way nature works.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

I think you did the right thing, and nature will run it's course. But, nature didn't put that fence there.