Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why Hunt

Old 03-01-2005, 06:56 PM
BMT

Default Why Hunt

I was asked why i hunted and i could not figure exactly what it was. So i was wondering what other peoples reasons were.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why Hunt

The challenge and the love for the outdoors.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: bullmoose38

The challenge and the love for the outdoors.
same here i just lov being outdoors
Old 03-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me yes its being in the outdoors mostly but its the addrenaline and when my heart skips a beat everytime a see a big buck or hear a big ol tom gobble close by.....thats what its all about.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:33 PM

Because I'm anti PETA.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:37 PM

Because I'm a man and God wired me to be a hunter. I thank Him everyday for that!
Old 03-01-2005, 07:38 PM
bigcountry

Because I love the whole process. I love the scouting, the hunting, especially the feeling of the kill, the gutting, the dragging, the butchering. The pride I take in butchering, the fun of trying new jerky and meat recipies. Its one of the only things in my life, I can say I can see the beginning and the end without losing site of why I am doing it.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Me too, BigCountry! I even enjoy the scouting in the dog days of summer!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:05 PM

I hunt because i love the outdoors, the addrenaline rush, and putting meat in the freezer.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:06 PM

There are NO cellphones in the woods leave em in the truck/cabin, turn em off or at least turn the ringer off. If I hear one in the woods its either gettin stomped or SHOT! [:@]

No screamin kids (when mine go with me they are surprisingly quiet), no naggin wife, no honkin horns, no schedules or bothersome employees/customers and the peacefulness is SOMETHING else. Speakin of peacefulness, those lucky enough to hunt truly remote areas that are out of earshot from traffic, barking dogs, airplanes, daily sounds of life etc... its just flatout DIFFERENT than hunting in most locales east of the MS. When you can actually hear your heartbeat, a twig snap 200yds away, a turkey gobble 2 miles away or a squirrel barking 500yds away thats just AWESOME. Makes you realize how small we really are in the world and how much modern man has really impacted our lifestyle.

Theres never two days alike (other than I enjoy them all) sometimes I am deathly serious all day. Other times when I take new hunters/children/neighbors/friends or family. Then theres days when I might just go out alone and after the first hour or two of light I might find a comfortable shadetree to liedown under and just take a snooze in Gods' grandure.

And oh yeah, NO PETAHEADS!!!
RA

Quick Reply: Why Hunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.