Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why Hunt

Old 03-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why Hunt

Why Golf, Boat, or collect stamps for that matter. It's something I enjoy doing.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt because I can.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mostly the love of the outdoors, but, being able to get so close to the wildlife, it is just a rush.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: whitetailhunter4637

I hunt because i love the outdoors, the addrenaline rush, and putting meat in the freezer.

Amen to that, brother!
Old 03-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

To get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday. To enjoy the outdoors....I've seen some of the most incredible things while hunting! But first and foremost it's the adrenaline I get when I deer is right under me, or a huge covey errupts and scatters, and when I big tom gobbles 10 yards aways......simply incredible! Oh, and I like game meat too! Tell that to PETA! LOL
Old 03-03-2005, 12:38 PM

Because it provides the best rush... nothing else in the world can compare to the communion with nature.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:46 PM

I love to get away from the noise from the city. There is something that drives me to get out of bed at 5 in the morning, a normal day of work or school I think 7 am is hell but its that illusive whitetail that drives me to my stand every morning. Mornings are the perfect time of day. I can see my breath, its dark, its cold, you hear hear footsteps, your heart is racing. I LOVE IT. I also love to sit and think about things that you can never find the time to do at home. I like continuing the tradition that was started ages ago for survival.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tell that to PETA! LOL
thats what i'm thinking GSPsnFORDs, i'm wonderin how they feel about the poster being over here fishing, even if it is catch and release

i didn't work my way to the top of the food chain to eat rabbit food
Old 03-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Dominant Buck

I hunt because it is who I am. Thank you bearklr for the story so well told. Many of us have had past experiances with our dads on the hunt but few can put the feelings into words like you did.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:24 PM

Cause I can't stop!! It's not a learned behavior, you are born with it.

Quick Reply: Why Hunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.